Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Making the welder pay for itself

19 replies to this topic

#16 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:18 PM

Weld a bunch of mowers together and just do the yard in one swat!

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#17 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,525 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:45 AM

No need for a welder in this application.  Duct tape will do fine for one season!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#18 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:26 AM

Great idea! My wife is always complaining about how long it takes to cut the grass.

#19 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:10 AM

No need for a welder in this application.  Duct tape will do fine for one season!

BAbCyg.jpg

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#20 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:09 PM

This morning we took down and put away the Christmas decorations. The Eagles game comes on at 4:25. What to do to kill 4 hrs???
I know I'll make a whip finisher. That took about a half hour so let's break out the welder and make a tying vise for my buddy who comes to my house to explore fly tying but has yet to commit to tying flies.

vise grip vise.jpg

It holds hooks very well. The whip finisher works as good as any other whip finishers I have used and now I wish I didn't spend money on two of them. That could have been an additional 20 bucks in my 401K. Dang it!

Reply to this topic