Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Merry Christmas to all

19 replies to this topic

#16 rstaight

rstaight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 07:20 AM

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.  Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." - Patrick F. McManus

#17 Peartree

Peartree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:17 AM

Merry Christmas everyone, hope everybody has a great day!

#18 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,480 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:48 AM

Merry Christmas!

If you're an atheist, like me, I hope you get all the presents you wished for.

If you're a religious person, I hope you get all the presents, and I hope your deity blesses your day, and the coming New Year. 

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#19 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 04:51 PM

Merry Christmas!

If you're a religious person, I hope you get all the presents, and I hope your deity blesses your day, and the coming New Year. 

I'm with Mike. But Christmas is still magical to me. (If not to my jaded 15- and 17- year old children who insist I listen to Vince Guaraldi on my headphones!) As Tiny Tim was wont to say: "God bless us (and our flies), Everyone!"

#20 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 07:44 PM

Merry Christmas!

Well said Mike -- I wish everyone all the happiness and blessings that their hearts desire. :)

As for me, I had a bunch of woodworking layout and marking tools under my tree, plus a cool fishing shirt, and I get to buy a new router tomorrow, so my materialist desires are more than fulfilled. :)

My wife and I managed to find gifts that made not one, but TWO 17-year-olds all smiles yesterday (we did presents on Christmas Eve this year). We've had loads of good food, and whole days to relax, stay in, and not go anywhere or do anything we didn't want to do, so the world feels cozy and full of goodness (and the potential for more goodness) to me right now, which is what I would call "blessed".

Life is good -- I hope it is for everyone here as well, and continues to be.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

Reply to this topic