Fly Tying

Here is a quick video of my best brown. 27". I think some of you have watched the full length version 14.5 minutes.. However this one is just of that fish, not the entire day, so you don't have to listen to me ramble on... Its under two minutes, so a quick and sweet video. :)

Thanks Mike! I made it cause some people said they wanted shorter vids. My fishing vids are 12-18 minutes... so this allows those people who don't want to sit through that long if video to at least see some fish...

I'm in that group. If I meet someone, face to face, I'll listen and talk to them all night long. But if I pull up a video, and the first minute or so is just them, talking to the camera ... I usually shut it off.

I don't watch Camissa's videos for that reason. I usually don't watch yours for that reason, either. But I saw that you cut this one down to just the fishing ... good job on that !

Very nice brown trout. I agree, I don't care watching videos that show a cup of coffee, the drive to the stream and such. A little banter is fine but that was the perfect length video.

Remember it from the other vid but it's still just as nice and big ;) Fish you will always remember for sure.

I agree with the other guys about shorter vids. And I'm not putting your vids down by any means Shawn, I'm just talking about all online videos overall. I use to do videos of my trips some years ago as well back in the big Go-Pro craze days about 5 yrs ago. Had all sorts of cameras and tri-pods, head Go Pro mount, Go Pro mounts on the boat and all that sort of stuff. I looked like a mini traveling movie studio on some trips lol. I have since stopped doing it. When I see videos online I normally skip till I see the fish and that's it. That's why these days a still camera picture works for me rather than video. Easier for me and gives the others what they want to see, the catch.

Don't get me wrong I love fishing movies (DVD's). I still watch the Troutbum dvd's multiple times per year and love the build up to the action etc etc. But I think the difference there is most people enjoy the long draw out build up and such from the comfort of the easy chair in the den with a cup of coffee in hand on a nice evening. When it comes to videos on online, most people just want to see the pay-off (the fish) and skip through all the other stuff because they have other things going on and can't sit and watch long videos online during the day. Something like a 2min video of the action like this one you did IMO is about perfect for viewing during the day when surfing the site.

Gorgeous brown!

Yeah I think I'll make both from now on, if I catch a good fish, I'll just do a 1-4 minute video on that fish only, just the fighting if the fish, and landing. I'll also do the longer ones, cause I do have some people that actually watch all the way through. It will be both now... thanks everyone.