Fly Tying
flytire

what would you tie.....

I think those might work for a crayfish pattern.

Top hook marabou leech jig w dumbbell eyes, bottom hook large keel pike/bass streamer also with dumbbells, would like a wider hook gap on both

That's the first time I've seen hooks like that. I also would like to see a wider gape on them. The first one a woolly bugger. I've tied them on similar hooks with a normal bend. Not sure about the second one. Gape's definitely too narrow for my taste. Not even sure how you would thread a soft plastic on it.

You could dress an IUD for display. Do we think those things will catch a fish at all?

Wouldn't touch them in my world where fish actually break hooks from time to time (and they're nearly 3 to 4x strong....). My anglers have broken Owner Akis, Tiemco 800 S (long discontinued), Tiemco 600 sp, Tiemco 811, etc. No, we're not fishing for godzilla - but fish with really strong jaws and super strong moves... Saltwater is just a different world than freshwater.

By the way - I do use bendback hooks -but only ones that I do myself on Mustad 34007 hooks - here's a pic or two....

iYcDDrE.jpg

The Natural Slinky - on a 1/0 34007 hook - it's also weighted a bit with a 1/2 inch of .040 square lead wire along the keel

o2tBd7w.jpg

My version of Flip Pallot's Prince of Tides on a 1/0 hook... Note that the bend in the hook is not very pronounced.