Fly Tying

UV Curing resins are the way of the future for fly tying epoxy. They are much quicker and easier to use. No more mixing, no more trying to hurry before curing, and no more of those terrible drying wheels. These curing resins make epoxying so much easier. Just zap with a UV light, and its done.

Solarez was actually the inventor of UV resin. They originally made it for surf boards, and have moved into products designed for fly tying, among many other applications. They currently have 4 formulas specialized for fly tying. The Thin Hard formula is great for penetrating thread wraps and fibers. Also great for applying eyes and thin coats over bodies. The Thick Hard formula is great for building bug bodies and when you need a thicker and slower formula. The Flex formula is really great for repairing waders, and building bodies that need to "flex" or bend without the formula cracking. I also use this for some knots to keep their strength and to smooth them out. The most recent formula they came out with is bone dry. This cures super hard, and very quickly. It also comes with a brush applicator and is great for use as head cement.

I was under the impression a dentist invented UV resin ...but I have been known to be wrong lol

And it was first used in the 60's

Me too retro. I also think they invented "dremel" type tools. But what do we know?

Me too retro. I also think they invented "dremel" type tools. But what do we know?

LMAO whoops !! This could get messy lol

I was under the impression a dentist invented UV resin ...but I have been known to be wrong lol

And it was first used in the 60's

All I know is that they used to use it for surf boards, and what I heard it was invented by them. Maybe I misunderstood though. It might have been first applicably used by them? Im not sure. You should ask them, they could tell ya. They are quite nice, I have spoken to them before regarding new formulas I was interested in getting.

Yes ..I have been using their product of late ...it's not bad ... post-37956-0-90160200-1465870153_thumb.jpg

But I use all sorts of UV resins lol

Yes ..I have been using their product of late ...it's not bad ... attachicon.gifUV.jpg

But I use all sorts of UV resins lol

Yeah, its good stuff. There are some other quality products also, but you have to admit its a great price for a good product no? Loon tends to be so expensive!

The cheapest one in my pic is the Bug off and it's pretty good really 10.00 AUD I think from memory I paid 20.00 and that included a light lol

Loon 20.00 aud in the packets but you get tips and brush on applicator , Roos two pack salt and fresh 29.00 aud , and solarez $45 aud are all reasonably dear here

I use a laser pen now as it cooks my flies faster lol

The cheapest one in my pic is the Bug off and it's pretty good really 10.00 AUD I think from memory I paid 20.00 and that included a light lol

Loon 20.00 aud in the packets but you get tips and brush on applicator , Roos two pack salt and fresh 29.00 aud , and solarez $45 aud are all reasonably dear here

I use a laser pen now as it cooks my flies faster lol

In the states a 2oz bottle of Solarez is $21... Loon is $19 for 0.5oz... Get a lot more in the solarez for basically the same price. Never heard of the other brand you mentioned.

As I thought supply and demand dictates pricing ....your population is far greater than ours so they'll sell more hence the price is marginally less ..however the loon seems to be a tad cheaper here for some strange reason.

Solarez ...I agree you get good value for money .

As I thought supply and demand dictates pricing ....your population is far greater than ours so they'll sell more hence the price is marginally less ..however the loon seems to be a tad cheaper here for some strange reason.

Solarez ...I agree you get good value for money .

I guess thats what it is.. Supply and demand... Wow, good to know! Your in Australia right?