Fly Tying

Just got my Wolff Industries Anvil Atlas in the mail. So I thought I would do an unboxing video. Not a bad vice for $129.99. I am quite happy with it. Check out the video below if you are interested. I sorta did a review on it, however I hadn't tied with it yet. I have since and will say that it works great. But the review is just an initial view review. Talking about the construction.

http://www.mcflyangler.com/anvil-atlas

Just got my Wolff Industries Anvil Atlas in the mail. So I thought I would do an unboxing video. Not a bad vice for $129.99. I am quite happy with it. Check out the video below if you are interested. I sorta did a review on it, however I hadn't tied with it yet. I have since and will say that it works great. But the review is just an initial view review. Talking about the construction.

http://www.mcflyangler.com/anvil-atlas

Come on Flats, where is your reading comprehension?

haha no wonder I got a C in reading. My bad

Sometimes we just read too fast and only see what we expect to see. It's worth it to re read more slowly sometimes and see what we missed, usually it's something. Sometimes you might see me say here that words have meaning lol !

I've had my Atlas for almost a decade I think. Cost me $150 back then from Orlando Outfitters. I just tie salty flies so size 1/0 down for inshore stuff and bass too. The jaws have never failed and the plastic knobs have given me no trouble at all. Its a better vise than I am a tyer.

I've had my Atlas for almost a decade I think. Cost me $150 back then from Orlando Outfitters. I just tie salty flies so size 1/0 down for inshore stuff and bass too. The jaws have never failed and the plastic knobs have given me no trouble at all. Its a better vise than I am a tyer.

Glad to hear the plastic never gave you trouble. It was more of like "oh, well, it would have been nice to have metal"... That's all I meant. Sorry if it sounded like I was dissing it. That wasn't my intention. So far it seems like a great vice overal, and for that to be the only thing bad I could find, then it's very good for $150.

Btw, what do you guys think for spelling on "vice"? I see some people spell it vice, others vise. I hope I didn't open up a can of worms again though, just asking a question. Just want to find out I'm spelling it correctly.

The tool is a vise, fly tying is a vice, so... close enough for me.

Yep.

Is it a tangible object (vise) or a bad habit (vice)?

According to the dictionary :

1 vice
noun \ˈvīs\
Popularity: Top 20% of words
Simple Definition of vice
  • : bad or immoral behavior or habits

• : a moral flaw or weakness

• : a minor bad habit

According to the dictionary :

1 vice

noun \ˈvīs\

Popularity: Top 20% of words

Simple Definition of vice

• : bad or immoral behavior or habits

• : a moral flaw or weakness

• : a minor bad habit

Ok thanks! :)

Glad to see another argument was avoided lol.

My parents argue so much and it just really sucks when you guys do it... Glad it didnt happen!

Flats there isnt much to argue on that one. Dont let a bunch of people from a forum get your undies in a twist over arguments. Its the internet. It's just gonna happen when people have differing opinions.