Fly Tying
samsonboi

WTB: Regal Revolution Rotary Vise With or Without Tool Bar

Hello, I am looking for a used Regal Revolution in good condition for about $150-200, around $225 in custom colors (violet or green) and around $250 with a violet or green Regal tool bar. Feel free to make a reasonable offer as my prices are tentative.

Thanks for looking!

What we are saying in a nice way is that you are dreaming if you think you can find one on here at that price. People on here tend to be vise hoarders. And vise deals like you are looking for are rarer than wild jungle cock.

ebay shows one as being sold July 2, 2019 for $100 (+$25 shipping) together with a waste basket...

search sold items for Regal Revolution Fly Tying Vise w/ Traditional Head And Bronze Pocket Base

Never give up. I bought a lightly to never used Regal medallion for $22.50 at an auction. Far less then Half price.

I never saw that vise before. It looks sharp and drew my interest. I will mention that I just saw a Regal Medallion on sale on Ebay for $135 that looks sharp too. Of course it is not rotary. But if you take a look, be sure to examine the clamp. It's got the most "impressive" C-clamp I ever saw! Of course, I don't get out much. : )

Yeah, I could get it full price. That guy that got it for 100- phew! lucky. but I don't want any of the lower-quality Regals. I'll keep trying- I found one for 250 and will buy it if I can't find one for less.

I don't have a revolution but it sure looks the same to me, outside of custom colors and a brass knob, all of which bring nothing to the table as far as vise quality, functionality and tying goes. Either or they are both a good choice for a vise and I would encourage you to hold out for the deal of a lifetime. Patience is a virtue when it comes to great deals.

Have a Regal Revolution Orvis Edition that was the last one the fly shop had over 10 years ago to replace a Regal Medallion that didn't hold tarpon sized hooks well. Came with an engraved wood base & holes for tools, a thread bobbin bar that gets used for tied flies to dry & also a C-clamp so it won't move were it's placed on table.

Would take more than twice the price you're looking to buy for.