Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Little airbrush work

Just finished up airbrushing this body for a friend's Son's Rc race buggy so he can give it to him for Christmas. Did a real nice metallic blue with a torn metal effect that looks like it's ripping back to reveal a checkered flag underneath. Also gave the windows a light tint and did a real fine mist spray of the same blue as the body on the wing to make it look transparent blue.

I use to do a lot of airbrushing back years ago on bodies when I was into Rc back then. Got out of it for about 20 yrs so a bit rusty but it's starting to come back to me a bit.

bwb5io.jpg
SWu4bd.jpg
NXrGnB.jpg
8pzOTk.jpg
00MOIV.jpg
IPbIli.jpg

Being rc I assume this is painted on the inside of the body, if so it must be tricky reverse thinking the layout. I airbrush as well but outside in on what ever project it might be, inside out would screw with my polack brain lol !! Nice work, Steve !

Are the checkers and torn out looking part decals under clear coat or did you paint them? Looks great either way.

There are no decals on it, it's all airbrush painted.

Dave, yeah with painting from the inside you have to really think ahead. Basically you do the main darker colors first and then the smaller detail/lighter colors after or you end up making the details/light colors too dark. So does take some forethought.

Yeah Pyme I'm surprised Mike hasn't emailed me to get the color code for that blue so he can paint his van that color lol

Steve I think the plan is to have you paint it next time he comes for a visit!

Swamp

Man, that is good. I hope I will have those skills some day.

You've got tons of time to develop them, just remember to be patient and always try to improve.

Yeah Pyme I'm surprised Mike hasn't emailed me to get the color code for that blue so he can paint his van that color lol

Steve I think the plan is to have you paint it next time he comes for a visit!

Swamp

Now, that's a great idea !!!

It's gonna probably be 20 degrees when you get here in Feb Mike. I don't think the paint will stick too well, you'll lose all the paint off the front clip before you even hit the Ohio border on the way back down laugh.png

I'm sure a heated paint booth could be found. Though I have to say I think Mike would get a lot of grief with a spoiler like that on the back of his Transport.

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.pnglaugh.png