Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Who's ready to rumble...

7 replies to this topic

#1 The American Dream

The American Dream

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

Man, I love Dusty Rhodes.  Besides that, total noob here, still trying to figure out how to get the thread through the bobbin.  It's slow goings and I thought this forum seemed apropos.  

Was lucky enough to cut my teeth fly fishing out in E. Idaho and SW Montana ( mainly the S. Fork Snake, Madison, Teton, Bitch Creek & Gallatin ) back from 02-05.  Currently located five minutos from the tail end of the Hooch DH section, I'd prefer to be gettin' lost up on the Chattooga and it's tribs or chunking #1/0 mouse patterns at midnight up on the SOHO but ain't complaining.  

In layman's terms, I live just outside of Atlanta and love to hit up all of the N. GA, NC & TN streams when possible ( which is rare these days due to a pair of 5 & 7 year old knuckleheads ).  Fortunate to always have the Hooch as a fall back... 

Thanks for having me, folks!  cheers.gif

Cheers,

The American Dream

The man of the hour, the man with the power. I am the hit-maker, the record-breaker. I got style and grace, a pretty face. I’ll make your back crack, your liver quiver. If you ain’t into this match, you’re at the wrong address. Superstar, when the other wrestlers are smilin’ and jokin, The Dream be, WOO!, cookin’ and smokin’....  Virgil Riley Runnels, Jr. (October 12, 1945 – June 11, 2015)

#2 tidewaterfly

tidewaterfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

I live just outside of Atlanta

Been there during "rush" hour. I feel for you! My wife & I moved here to SC last year, one reason being we got tired of the traffic in MD. I'm in Manning, near Lake Marion.

A traffic jam here is 3 cars! laugh.png

I'm primarily a warmwater & salt angler, but I've tied & fished trout flies plenty of times. Anything I can help you with, feel free to ask! 

Welcome to the site! 

#3 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

A pair of 5 and 7 year olds. Does that mean twin 5 year olds and twin 7 year olds like 4 kids? Welcome to the site.

#4 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:14 PM

welcome
Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎

#5 The American Dream

The American Dream

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. Ha- a pair of twins. That makes my head spin faster than it already is- we've got two boys,
5 & 7.

Have a nice evening...

DR

The man of the hour, the man with the power. I am the hit-maker, the record-breaker. I got style and grace, a pretty face. I’ll make your back crack, your liver quiver. If you ain’t into this match, you’re at the wrong address. Superstar, when the other wrestlers are smilin’ and jokin, The Dream be, WOO!, cookin’ and smokin’....  Virgil Riley Runnels, Jr. (October 12, 1945 – June 11, 2015)

#6 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,854 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:05 AM

Welcome to the site, Dream.

To thread a bobbin ... insert thread in one end, pull it out the other.wink.png

Getting it from one end to the other ... your problem, not mine. tongue.png

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#7 Kentuckysteve

Kentuckysteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

Welcome to the forum.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing........Than the worm. -  Patrick F. McManus

#8 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:19 PM

Welcome to the forum from muchos minutos from Atlanta (also known SE Florida).
Bimini15

Reply to this topic