Fly Tying
eastern fly

Dirty Water flies

Those are awesome Kevin! They look like a bitch to cast but....

post-35746-0-17063000-1408978823.png

They are kick-ass

Nice flies Kevin and Capt. I have tied many tarpon flies for people going after them but I've never chased a tarpon. It is high on my bucket list though. Retirement income is not that good. I have used them successfully for salmon in Alaska, especially just before they reach fresh water. After that, anything will drift into their mouth. Seldom will one go after a fly but that is when the bright colors come in. Anyway, I like your flies.

Kevin,

I love the barring on the hackle of the last fly. They all look like bass food ... but I really like that last one.

Kevin, if you ever get the chance to chase some Striped Bass, those would work well! Great looking flies!

Capt Bob, you've posted those before & they always look great! smile.png

I tied these because of all the rain. I think it will be May before it clears up.

Kevin

Since dirty or just plain dark, brackish waters are my daily fare I do similar stuff. Here's a pic or two...

I bet all of those flies would be great for pike!

Again... Nice flies Captain and eastern fly. I like the red eyes on the middle one. I've used red dome eyes in recessed dumbbells and cross eyed cones but these look different. Could be the lite. I'm curious.., What are they?

When muddy waters enters a river from a tributary after a rain there is a distinct separation of color. I fish on the edge of the clear and dark within a couple feet, in and out, with olive sculpins and sizeable trout take them quickly. I don't like seeing the introduction of construction mud but it is a nice time to fish there.