Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyoloco.com

2014 Intl Fly Tying Symposium.. Superfly Competition

At this year's fly tying symposium in Somerset NJ (Nov 22 and 23) they will have the first Superfly Competition. There are 5 categories; trout, bass, salt, realistic and salmon/steelhead. Winners get some free gear, a feature in fly tyer magazine and a spot as a contract tyer for Rainey's. It's free to enter you just have to send your flies in by Nov first. I tried to attach h a link to the site but couldn't get it to stick. If you search fly tying symposium the contest info is at the bottom of the page.

All the instruction sheet says is to send it in a good box. There isn't anything about quantity from what I read. I'm going to send them an email tomorrow with a couple other questions and will ask.

Fisherboy, by now you've shown us all that you are capable as any, and more so than most. Just tell them I told you so.

Fisherboy, by now you've shown us all that you are capable as any, and more so than most. Just tell them I told you so.

Thanks that means a lot to me!

Ditto! You are indeed an excellent tier in my book!!!

Not sure I can come up with anything for the contest but I'll be a demo tyer at one of the booths if anyone wants to stop by.

Wow! Thanks do much!

Wow! Thanks do much!

You are very welcome! I think that it great that you are taking up this wonderful hobby. In my opinion is beats video games...At least to have something you can say to yourself, Hey I made that!!! Keep up the hard work and your desire and you will have something to pass along to your son one day young man.