Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

bold and "un-bold" titles

This is a silly question, but it's something that's bothered me for a while now. When I've read every topic in, say, Fly Fishing ... the title for that forum goes to normal type (not bold). If there's something I haven't read, the title is bold.

But this doesn't happen for every title. Fly Tying Bench is the first one at the top and I've read or visited every topic. It doesn't give the "next unread topic" option at the bottom, but the title for the forum is still bold.

I've tried to use this to quickly scan and see which forums have new content, and it's irritating (as much as I can get irritated, which isn't much) to have titles that don't "un-bold".

Explanation? Just nit-picking, I know, but I still wonder.

Why don't you use the view new content button? It should make finding the new stuff much easier.

That's not the problem. If I've read topic, then "new content" is already at the top. I can clear every forum, except "Fly Tying Bench". It won't clear, even though I've read every topic on the forum.

It's not a major problem, and I am very computer literate, so it's not something I am doing wrong. It just won't "un-bold" the title.

It's a bee in my bonnet, nothing more.

Ah ... nevermind ... it WAS something I did wrong. I never open the "featured topic" thread at the top of the page. It's clear now ... the bee is gone.