Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flat Rock native

Re-sizing Photos and Uploading Here? Trouble in Paradise!

I am entertaining any suggestions for free software for my Windows 10'devices, this iPad, too.

Uploading photos seems very hit or miss on this site.

All comments on apps, software, procedures, pitfalls will be very Welcome!

I have never had an issue uploading from the iPad.

What troubles are you having?

Thanks, Bimini... Photos shot with my Sony Equipment mostly but nothing seems to be working today. Is it possible that different forums are not all supported or maintained the same. If you can PM an email I could send two photos that are frosting me the worst today... Have tried re-sizing as bmp, saving to iCloud drive, etc... The usual fixes just not getting it done???

Check PM.

You must be getting an error message somewhere along the way. Wrong format, picture too large, etc.

How do you transfer pics from Camera to IPad?

Copy, paste from file explorer to iPhotos or to Icloud drive

Error message is "Too large" when I get one, it has been locking up, too...

This is what I do with my pictures in the iPhotos app. Open the photo, open the editor (icon on the top right area, three horizontal lines with a dot each) and use the wizard, the crop tool, or both.

post-52874-0-08155200-1489351719_thumb.png

This is what I do with my pictures in the iPhotos app. Open the photo, open the editor (icon on the top right area, three horizontal lines with a dot each) and use the wizard, the crop tool, or both.

post-52874-0-08155200-1489351719_thumb.png

For Windows 10, Xnview is an amazing little toolbox for cropping, resizing and adjusting lots of things on your web pics. And it is free.

The iPad is convenient because I take my fly pics on it. If I took them with a camera I would transfer, edit and upload from a laptop.

I posted a couple of photos here a couple of years ago and then one day it turned into a mystery for what ever reason, so now I don't bother. And that works pretty good for me. It's not as though there is anything important going on in my flies anyway.