Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Need a Camera

Hey guys, really getting annoying that 0 of my pictures are any good. Any body recommend an HD waterproof camera that takes both photo and video. Also mudt be MAX 400$.

Thank you for any responses: )

Check out the Polaroid Cube on amazon or something if your wanting to not break the bank . I don't own one but the only problems I've found that they have by searching reviews is the microphone isn't the best. Probably one of the best economical options IMO. It gives the gopro session a run for its money at half the cost. If that's the type of camera your after anyways.

Here are a bunch to choose from. Many of them less than 400. I am still using an old Canon that I found by the side of the road. Mine is NOT waterproof, but it takes good enough close ups. Nikon, Olympus, and Fuji all make good cameras. There are a lot of options to sort through.

"...in the vast majority of 'my camera takes bad pictures' cases, the more accurate truth is 'I take bad pictures with my camera.' "

Couldn't agree with you more, Cold. I started dabbling in photography a few years ago, bought a decent entry-level DSLR (Canon EOS Rebel T3i), and also bought and/or read a LOT of books, articles and internet content about how photography and cameras work. That--the reading--more than anything else, has made me a better photographer. Nowadays I rarely take my DSLR out because, in many cases, I can take the same (or better) pictures with the camera built into my smartphone.

What I would say to you, FlatsRoamer, is first figure out what exactly you want to do with a camera? Are you looking to just take good-quality snapshots for your own enjoyment and maybe to post a few up on here or on other forums? If that's the case, you don't need to spend anywhere near $400 to do that. There are cameras that will fit in your shirt pocket that will take amazing photos (and video too) for under $200. If you're looking to be more versatile--like taking wide-angle shots of landscapes or super close-ups of wildlife or what-have-you, then you'll need a camera that can accept a number of different lenses to produce those effects, not to mention a tripod and maybe some lens filters, too, and then you're looking at more money. One thing I've noticed, though, from talking to other people, chatting on forums and taking classes, is that a lot of people who are walking around with a thousands of dollars worth of camera stuff strapped to them could take the pictures they're taking with a pocket digital or even with their phones.

I picked up the xiaomi yi 2 4k action cam and with a water proof case and sd card you are looking at $300. Takes 12mp stills and shoots video in 4k but I use it for 1080p at 120fps