Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hello

3 replies to this topic

#1 NBFishing

NBFishing

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the welcome. I had someone building a few different flys for a display project but they wont be able to take it on due to illness. Im seeking someone else to do the project. Ill update detail. Thanks again for the welcome.

#2 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,254 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:39 PM

sure would be nice to know what your looking for in the way of flies and what they are actually being tied for

youre new to the forum and people are very skeptical of your posts

if its a legitimate project people would be willing to help

Fly tyers sure have a way at making things difficult

Why do you look at a persons profile after they make a post?

#3 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,159 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

NBFishing and I have been in communication, some.  If you're interested in helping ... use the Private Messaging.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 Limitless

Limitless

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:58 AM

Another new fly guy here.  I live in N GA but do a good deal of fishing in FL.  I have done a little salt fly fishing, and now have joined TU to start learning the great trout fishing here in Georgia.  Currently own  5, 7 and 9 weight outfits and a beginner fly tying kit.  I am very impressed with the knowledge displayed here and looking forward to learning.  For conservation volunteerism, I serve on the executive board of the Snook and Gamefish Foundation and plan to work with the local TU chapter here however I may help. 

Reply to this topic