Fly Tying
islander727

The Beach 9-30

Hit the beach the other day, hoping to find some snook and to also survey the damage from the storm.

Fortunately, this was just after the parking lot...

post-52832-0-18686600-1506886340_thumb.jpg

The reason for the closure. I'd imagine this is gonna take some time to fix.

post-52832-0-81863600-1506886353_thumb.jpg

The water was stained from the storm run off. There is bait everywhere!

post-52832-0-46959300-1506886343_thumb.jpg

Fish on

post-52832-0-20992500-1506886503_thumb.jpg

From then on it was an unproductive two mile stroll. Turned around, covered a mile and a half, when a little school appeared. Three casts and

post-52832-0-51642600-1506886346_thumb.jpg

A short distance from there, another school traveled past. You can see how off colored the water is.

post-52832-0-59859900-1506886349_thumb.jpg

The fly

post-52832-0-25559800-1506886301_thumb.jpg

Our "trash can slam" is a bit different - it's a lizard, a puffer (blowfish), and a catfish - all on fly, of course.... I'm surprised that any coastal road (along the Gulf side of things is in good shape at all....

That lizardfish is a catch of a lifetime

Only if you're a Mayfly ... maybe if you're a House Fly and you don't get out to fish much. Those lizard fish are everywhere.

All the way from Hawaii ...

P8150005.JPG

Nice, I'm waiting for global warming to extend those lizard fish to New England waters, the last one I caught was in the ICW at Camp Lejeune.

Mike, I was joking about it...

I probably get to fish 3-4 times a week (I consider myself lucky)

And speaking about lizardfish, I've heard they are delicious table fare (not joking). Who knows, maybe in a coupe years they will be on the menu

Nice job on the lizard fish, and those other things too I guess! I've known people who swear blowfish are delicious, but I wouldn't eat one. Too many other really good eating fish ouy there I'll stick with.

I believe the "delicacy" of Blow Fish is the fact that, if prepared incorrectly, it can be poisonous.

People like the illusion of "danger" in their lives.

They don't usually appreciate REAL danger ... just the illusion. Like a haunted house for the palate.

I believe the "delicacy" of Blow Fish is the fact that, if prepared incorrectly, it can be poisonous.

People like the illusion of "danger" in their lives.

They don't usually appreciate REAL danger ... just the illusion. Like a haunted house for the palate.

This is exactly the reason why I sometimes go to Chipotle. You will not die, just get explosive diarrhea.

Preparing of the blowfish is the cleaning part...not cooking. Lizard fish are tasty BUT boney. Ugh!

My trash slam when looking for snook in surf or around Port Canaveral is a blue, jack and lady fish.

Preparing of the blowfish is the cleaning part...not cooking.

Hence, this part of my post, "...if prepared incorrectly, it can be poisonous."

My trash slam when looking for snook in surf or around Port Canaveral is a blue, jack and lady fish.

Show off...! :D

Given the few opportunities around here to wade and kayak in saltwater, your trash slam is close to my treasure slam.