Fly Tying
vicrider

We emerge into June for monthly swap

June is emerger time. Emergers are designed to float in or just below the surface film. Since too much of my trout knowledge is from reading other people's experiences and not enough of my own, when you a light hatch and their is a lot of dimpling of the water without noses breaking the surface, the trout are feeding on the nymphs in the stage where they rise to surface and begin shucking the shuck. I have an idea for mine I'd like to make work if time is available since it's a slow tie but really plays on the just below the surface nymph.

djtrout mentioned in his May swap post that he's using CDC. CDC is a very popular item in emergers. Traps a lot of air and holds body of fly just below surface with CDC holding in the film. Just don't grease your CDC. Found out that makes it a clump instead of a feather.

Vicrider..............ready

1. Add147..............received

2. Joseph Russell..received

3. Jolly Red............received

4. J-Kno.................received

5. Crackleback.......received

6. Michael Ray.......received

7 .Breambuster......received

8. djtrout................received

9. Bassbugn..........received

10. border collies...received

11. kennebec12.....received

12. Bambudday.....received

jm, this is a monthly swap that stays full for the year. Occasionally someone runs into problems where they need to drop out and if that happens I post the need of a sub. Otherwise we do a theme for every month and stay in for the full year.

I decided on some Smoke Jumpers. I started tying them up last night (been out of town for work and whatnot lately) and will have them in the mail in the next couple days.

Sorry guys, have had and do have a lot of company and had to do a lot of getting ready the last week or so. I have several flies in and will catch up posting tomorrow when I can get back in the guest room. We'll have 2 granddaughters from MN for summer and son will have his 2 girls and on son for summer. Life for an empty nester will be hectic for awhile.

Guys, I apologize for missing last month's swap. As I have said before, life happens to all of us. However, I hope to make up for it this month. I have tied a set of Blue Dun size # 14 dries for last month and a set of Hendrickson Emergers for this month. The only catch is that I have a business trip out of town first thing in the morning and will get home too late to catch the Mail on Tuesday. So my first chance to get them in the mail will be this coming Wednesday. Hopefully they won't hold up the swap for everyone. Hope all you guys have a Happy Fathers Day.

Take Care

BB

Guys, I've got some good news. We were able to finish up the work that we needed to do out of town and I got back home about mid-afternoon today. As a result I was able to put both of my sets of flies, the Mayfly Dry flies and the June emergers in the mail today. They are headed to Vicrider and he should have them by Friday. I hope mine isn't the last set to make it to the Post Office. I put them both on the same toe tag and that will make it a lot easier for Vicrider when he starts to divide them up. I hope you guys can get some use out of both flies. And Vicrider, I owe you another apology. After I put them in the mail, I realized that I had forgotten to include some extras. I'll have to sweeten the pot next month, but you might have to remind me. Us old guys get forgetful, and you may have realized yourself!

Take Care

BB

Nice little bunch of olive biot CDC emergers headed out in the mail tomorrow. I rarely fish emergers but I think I'll bring a couple of these with me and try them out this weekend.

I'm waiting for some tying supplies to arrive in the mail so I can get started on July flies. But I did already have everything I needed for the #18 flies, so I've gone ahead and got those done. After being behind, now I'm ahead. Go figure.

BB

vicrider,

Sorry work is kicking my rear these past 2 weeks... I will get mine tied ASAP and get them across the river to you!!!!!