Fly Tying
breambuster

Trout Flies Invitational

It has been a while since we have had an invitational swap on the Forum, and so I'm thinking it's about time someone started one. For the newer guys here, let me explain. An Invitation Swap is, of course, open by invitation only. Here's how it works. Someone starts the swap by inviting one person. That person who has just been invited then invites one person, who invites one person and so on until the swap is filled. The idea behind an invitational swap is to invite the guys who are the top of their game; the elite tyers. Now, I am no where near an elite tyer, but I have been hosting here for several years now, and that's where I can contribute. Now, some of you may be saying, "I won't be invited, so what's in it for me?" And here's the thing. Even though you aren't invited, there will be pictures posted of all the flies and you can see a set of really nice trout flies. And you will have the screen names of all the guys who participated and can ask them for recipes, tips & techniques, and maybe even for a step-by-step. That's between you and the tyer. And the other reward for everyone is inspiration. That means that you see some really great flies, and you are encouraged to continue to work hard at your tying so that some day you, too, can be at that level.

Now for the nuts and bolts of how this swap will work. There will be 13 participates & everyone except for the last person invited will get to invite one person. Please do your inviting by PM, and post to the thread when your invitee has agreed. If you are invited, go ahead and post to the thread so you can get on the roster, and when you can, let me know what your pattern will be. You will tie 12 flies and will get back 12, but you will not get back one of your own. Once the swap is filled, we will have a little chat to see when the due date will be. The only requirements will be your best work and any trout fly that you choose. It can be a dry, a wet, a nymph, an emerger or a streamer. Or variations of the above. (Flymph, etc.) I will post a new thread for the pictures and EVERYONE is invited to log onto that one so that you can be alerted when a new picture is posted. Or you can log on to this thread, just for the fun of watching the progress here. There are some really super tyers on the forum and I know that the result is going to be an awesome set of flies. I hope this swap will be fun, exciting and educational for everyone on the forum.

1. Breambuster - SM - Completed

2. Netabrookie - Red Quill Dry Fly - Received - Completed

3. Fishingbobnelson - Adams Trude - Received - Completed

4. Troutguy - Received - Completed

5. Phg - Received - Completed

6. Jfinn - Para Wulff Variation - Received - Completed

7. DavidHE - Received - Completed

8. Jburge - Received - Completed

9. Horseshoes - #4 Spruce Fly - Received

10. Henrik Thomsen (DK) - Polish Quills - Received - Completed

11. Eide - Carrie Stevens Streamer - Received - Completed

12. Piker20 - #10 Hot Muddler - Received - Completed

13. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Hopper - Received - Completed

Let's Have Some FUN!

OK. My Invitee has agreed to participate. I am very pleased to announce that Netabrookie will be joining the Trout Invitational Swap. I have been in several Trout Fly Swaps with him and he does great work. Welcome to the swap, Netabrookie!

Breambuster,

First thing...Thank you again. I have sent a pm to the tyer that I chose so now I am awaiting a reply. I am going with a dry fly, probably a Catskill style so I will make up my mind soon.

Take Care,

Tony

Very good, netabrookie. When you get a confirmation, post here to let us know who it is. If you should happen to get turned down, move on to your second choice. Be sure to tell your Invitee that they are responsible to invite the next person.

BB

Breambuster, I got the message I was waiting for. I would have posted sooner but I forgot to mention that he had to pick the next swapper so that confirmation took a bit longer. The tyer that I invited is Fishingbobnelson.

Thanks and Take Care,

Tony

I agree I'm interested to see who gets the nod.

Me too! NOW we will get to see who is who on the forum. I know I won't get on the list but I am really interested on the flies these tiers will be tying! I am still amazed on the skills that many one here have it is indeed truly amazing!!!!

OK! Things are starting to heat up around here. Fishingbobnelson and Troutguy are both in. And they are both excellent choices for this Trout Invitational Swap! Now, we wait with bated breath to see who Troutguy will invite. Who will it be? I can hardly wait to see who Troutguy will invite.. Gee, this is FUN!

BB

I agree I'm interested to see who gets the nod.

Me too! NOW we will get to see who is who on the forum.

and we'll see who the 'ELITE" tyers are

OK Troutguy, I'm glad you are in on this one. I know something of your skills and think you are a great choice for this swap. We can wait for a little while, but if you don't hear something back within a reasonable period of time, you may have to move on to another swapper.

Take care

BB

I'm sorry that you haven't heard from your choice. He could be on vacation or whatever. I know it will be disappointing for you and for him if you have to move on. Make it LATE morning, at least. Or even tomorrow evening.

BB