Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Knapp

Supporting this site

I like this site, and was going to try and support it. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that if I ordered something from Green Caddis it might support the site. Besides, I like some of the stuff in the ad. But, when I click on the link, I get a message with some technical jargon that the site has gone over their data thingy and can't be supported.

Here's the real language;

"The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later."

What do I do?

Will has been having server/provider problems recently. I had the same problem accessing this site several times last week. The only thing you can do is try again later.

I've seen it before, someone can provide a good product, but be a horrible businessman. I like this site and will continue to try and support it but it shouldn't be so hard to give the guy some business.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. :) :)

maybe ordering from the gco facebook page has better results?

funny the one worked several times before and after I posted it. oh well Tim's Fly Shop carries about anything I'll ever need and if'n he don't got it he'll get it.

I'm on the email list, so I get frequent promotional messages. I picked up a recent one, from my trash folder, and tried the link in it, and it worked fine. The WEB site came up as: https://gcoutfitters.com/

The product selection is far more limited than it used to be....

Well, he does host this site, and he bankrolls it at no cost to you and me. That ought to count for something. I'm sure it's not inexpensive to do.

Well, he does host this site, an he bankrolls it at no cost to you and me. That ought to count for something. i'm sure it's not inexpensive Ito do.

Just about every new member, that participates regularly, feels the same way. I've never dealt directly with SmallieHunter ... never seen a post from him except ads on his forum, "GreenCaddis News, Announcements & Product Reviews", either.

We all appreciate the site, and many would be willing to help financially, but he doesn't spend a lot of time in here. I don't know what it cost to own this site. Many have made offers. Will has not replied to any of them, so I can't imagine it is a huge burden.

Will and I don't stay in contact the way we use to these days because he's had a lot go on over the years, but I can tell you keeping the site online is not all that cheap because it is a very big and active site with various features that does cost some cash to keep it going. He may have had some issues with the business side of things, but he does deserve a big thanks from everyone for keeping the bills paid for FTF to keep it online for everyone for the past 15+ years, even during his times when he had issues in his personal life.

I hope my reply wasn't taken as a negative towards Will. I'm just pointing out that others have offered to set up pay systems and support systems and Will has never accepted.

We all appreciate this site, few more than me.