Fly Tying
FeatherandFly

Hello from Fort Worth

My name is Lee, I am a high school speech teacher in Fort Worth, I also tie custom flies. I grew up in North Alabama where fly fishing was laughed at for the most part but now is coming around. My goal is to write a tying book on warm water flies. There are more and more books coming out about warm water flies, however, some of the flies in the book are a little rough around the edges, my goal is to produce flies for the book that catch fish as well as the fisherman. you can check out my work on Instagram @feather.and.fly or go to my website www.featherandfly.net. I look forward to being a part of the forum.

Leepost-62952-0-31401300-1521474476_thumb.jpgpost-62952-0-72669800-1521474465_thumb.jpg

Thanks mikechell the streamer is one of my one creations, but the frog is a take off the Skipper from Dahlberg, I tie it on a different hook, as well as a few other materials than the original but it is a bass getter.

Welcome from south Fla. Those are some interesting patterns. I'm curious if that frog floats with the point up? Thanks for sharing and I'll be looking forward to more.

I get funny looks from other boaters here on Okeechobee too.

Welcome from south Fla. Those are some interesting patterns. I'm curious if that frog floats with the point up? Thanks for sharing and I'll be looking forward to more.

I tie some stuff very similar..hook point rides up

E6882556_FAE2_4_B47_AA23_94148_FF1014_C.

86_F85_E69_D2_F6_474_F_BA5_D_BE478_A7394

Ahh. I see Mike. You've got a slight bend in a straight shank hook. I knew there wasn't that much room on a worm hook for the hair head. I've done a few bend-back streamers like that, but most of my weedless ties are on worm hooks. Thanks. I'll be giving those a shot soon.

Welcome

From Weatherford here...I drive through FtWorth twice a day.

I live in Weatherford as well, I teach high school in Fort Worth. I still list my address as fort worth. haha

Yes the hook is point up. I got those looks growing up as well while fishing Lake Guntersville.

I just saw this and welcome to the forum. Just followed you on IG, I'm @saltflies btw. Good stuff on there!

Nice looking bass flies, those look deadly

Mike those are some nice looking bass bugs. We need to get together and tie up some nasty deer hair bugs. My mad scientist brain never stops.

We can do that. Give me a shout in a PM