Fly Tying
Sean-so-fly

Newest New Guy

I think I'm the newest new guy at the forum.

I'm new to fly tying. I've only been at the vise for 2 months, but I've been fishing my whole life.

I'm originally from Michigan, living in NE Ohio.

I spend most of my fishing time trying to hook up with some pannies.

I've mostly been tying nymphs, classic drys, and a few streamers.

I'm not made of money so I buy what I can and tie what I can with what I have.

And at the risk of committing heresy, I've yet to fish any of my flies, lol.

Welcome to the site, Sean.

Originally from Indiana ... living in Florida since '92. Sunfish and Large Mouth Bass are my targets.

Welcome, don't worry about fishing them. One of gentleman that thought the tying class I took doesn't fly fish. But ties some beautiful flies.

Welcome and I'll say the first time I caught a fish on a fly I tied I was euphoric.

I stood their in disbelief that it actually worked, and it worked again, and again.

Related Words: delirious dizzy drunk elated triumphal overjoyed joyous triumphant pleased exuberant exultant excited glad delighted jubilant thrilled heavenly enchanted dreamy

howdy

those flies will keep for a while I have some that I tied in the early '80s still in my boxes.

Welcome, don't worry about fishing them. One of gentleman that thought the tying class I took doesn't fly fish. But ties some beautiful flies.

rstraight, that may end up being me. I doubt it, though. I do have a 5wt Cabella's rod and reel that I've yet to get set up. I'll get it out there one of these days.

Welcome and I'll say the first time I caught a fish on a fly I tied I was euphoric.

I stood their in disbelief that it actually worked, and it worked again, and again.

fshng2, I've caught fish on things I've made, sort of. Basic Crappie rigs, simple spinners, etc. It's pretty awesome, for sure. Over time, I'll be making more and more jigs, lures, flies, etc.

Welcome to the site, Sean.

Originally from Indiana ... living in Florida since '92. Sunfish and Large Mouth Bass are my targets.

I love sunnies and gills. Perfect table fare, gotta add perch to that, though. Dang those suckers are tasty.

Welcome to the forum .

Thanks, powershooter

howdy

those flies will keep for a while I have some that I tied in the early '80s still in my boxes.

Oh, no doubt. The core of my fly tying kit is a 25 year old Orvis kit that I got for $35 in July, lol. I'd imagine if the tying material holds up for 25 years, the flies should too. That said, some of the items in the kit are junk and are not holding well. I've had to pick up quite a bit of other material.