Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Now I can't open the database

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Last week's problem (opening threads) seems to have cleared up.  Now I can't get into the FTF Database by any route.  Even went back to the monthly email, and none of those thumbnails will open either.

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

"No one wants advice -- only corroboration."

John Steinbeck

"I had six faithful serving men, they taught me all I knew.

Their names were what? and why? and when? and how? and where? and who?"
Rudyard Kipling

#2 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

Fifth day and still getting error when I try to access the database, no matter how I try to do it... even from Hatches site it won't work.  Since nobody else chimed in, I'm guessing it may be just my computer and not a site problem.

If anyone else is having this problem, I'd appreciate knowing.

Steve... do you have any ideas?

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

#3 Mickalo

Mickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

This forum has slowly gone down hill the past year or so, very poorly maintained, use to be an excellent place to visit. Seems like there's some sort of issues with this board all the time now. Too bad.

Mike

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

ThunderRain Internet Publishing
Custom programing & Web Hosting Srv's

#4 mybadhabit

mybadhabit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

I've been having the same problem for quite a while and I'm with Mickalo, Smalliehunter is slacking on his job of keeping the site up to it's older standards.

#5 fshrmanms

fshrmanms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

yup I get this when I try to open the database:

Warning: require(classes/class.cropcanvas.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special/flyindex.php on line 85

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'classes/class.cropcanvas.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/willmull/public_html/ips_kernel/') in/home/willmull/public_html/sources/special/flyindex.php on line 85

#6 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,124 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

Wish there was something I could do for you guys but I'm only the one that keeps the site maintained member, spam, organized, etc etc. All the programming stuff is Will's job since I don't know anything about that aspect of work.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#7 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:49 PM

Thanks.  At least I know it isn't my computer.  I figure the more complaints received the sooner it will get fixed.  (i.e., the squeaky wheel gets the grease).

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

#8 Bugsy

Bugsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:32 AM

I think letting them know is good.  Moaning about being temporarily blocked from one area of a free site is something else.

#9 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

Oh I don't moan.... I just go to someone else's site to find fly patterns.  But then why have the link on this forum site to the DB if it doesn't allow entry?

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

#10 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

All of a sudden, I have the database back.  Don't know if it just happened spontaneously or if someone did something to fix it, but if they did, Thank You!

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

#11 crazy4oldcars

crazy4oldcars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

yup I get this when I try to open the database:

Warning: require(classes/class.cropcanvas.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special/flyindex.php on line 85

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'classes/class.cropcanvas.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/willmull/public_html/ips_kernel/') in/home/willmull/public_html/sources/special/flyindex.php on line 85

I'm getting the same error.  I can get into the database using the "tags" page, but I can't go in through the front door, or search feature.

Kirk

#12 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

I still can't get in through the "official" routes.  Only thing I can do is look on the "Most viewed" strip at the top of the page, and click on one of the flies.  That gets me to that particular fly on the db.  From there I can search by any of the tools provided.

Agatha Christie

John Steinbeck

Rudyard Kipling

#13 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

It sure would be nice if someone would fix the database!  Can't be that hard...Looks like some coding issues...

#14 Skip48

Skip48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:07 AM

I also can not open the data base!
Posted Image
http://thumpitjigs.com/

Peak Vise Dealer

#15 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,059 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

I don't think it's at the top of the forum owners priority list of things to get fixed

Ignorance can be educated....

Crazy can be medicated....

But there's no cure for stupid