Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

FTOTY

10 replies to this topic

#1 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:41 PM

Recently back into tying and this forum after a long while.What ever happened to the fly Tyers of year awards?Looks like the last one was quite a while ago.
All the best-Steve
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#2 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,059 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

probably died along with a few other categories on this forum site

Ignorance can be educated....

Crazy can be medicated....

But there's no cure for stupid

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,124 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

Yep we did it for a few years back in the beginning, but haven't done it in years. Mainly because of time. I know Will use to spend MANY hours setting up and taking pics for the contest.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#4 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:17 AM

Someone should try and do a few categories or something.This forum is kind of dead nowadays;may give it a bit of a reawakening
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret

#5 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:51 AM

Zip ... bite your tongue !!!

There is nothing wrong with this site.  We don't want or need, 1000 posts a day that no one can keep up with, or that have nothing to do with fly tying and fly fishing.

We have "The Lodge" ... and "photography" ... general topic forums.   I think we're good with the way this site is maintained.

There are plenty of "more active" sites out there, with ignorance and insults to spare.  They can have them.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#6 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

Ditto.   Try CapMel's forum for an example.

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

"No one wants advice -- only corroboration."

John Steinbeck

"I had six faithful serving men, they taught me all I knew.

Their names were what? and why? and when? and how? and where? and who?"
Rudyard Kipling

#7 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,124 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

FTF is still one of the more active helpful sites online these days for anything tying/fishing related. All internet forums everywhere have somewhat experienced a downward count of activity over the past 5 years but that's true for every forum out there, mainly due to facebook. FTF is still very active though and is doing well so no need to change anything at this time.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#8 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

Whoa gents!I wasn't trying for negligent discharge here.Just asking questions and had a suggestion. Sorry if I stepped on a couple of toes.
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret

#9 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,124 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

Didn't step on mine at all. Takes a lot more than that to step on my toes ;)

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#10 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Are you saying I have big feet and that you could step on the from THERE ???  Humph, the nerve !!!

No toe stepping avoidance going on here ... we're good.  I didn't mean to step on yours either.  Even if I can see them from here !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#11 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:10 PM

Hahahaha Well I'm glad that was a avoided!
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret

Reply to this topic