Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ffoakes

Hello from SC Pennsylvania

Good morning! Returning to the forum from a few years back. Because of school and other activities, regretfully I got away from fly fishing and fly tying (and just about every other outdoor activity). Thankfully, I have graduated and backed off from some of the busy schedules that I had to make time for fly fishing and fly tying. I'm now in Lancaster, PA. I look forward to using this forum as a great resource for my tying and fishing needs!

Then you're familiar with Safe Harbor then eh? Should be some good smallie action there I'd think.

Welcome back to the forum.

BCT

Then you're familiar with Safe Harbor then eh? Should be some good smallie action there I'd think.

Welcome back to the forum.

BCT

I'm not familiar with Safe Harbor, but I'm chomping at the bit to got fishing for smallmouth with the fly.

Welcome back to the addiction, ffoakes.

Falling off this particular wagon is so easy when you have enablers like the people on this site.

ffoakes

You might have a little bit of an issue casting unless you are a lefty (unless you can cast 'across your body' sort of cast) - at least up towards the dam.

But, down where the Conestoga comes into the Susquehanna - you shouldn't have too much of a back-cast issue.

BCT

I am definitely familiar with Safe Harbor. I've fished (regretfully so) with soft plastics, jigs, and just about anything else out of a Bassmaster magazine at the smallmouth by the dam and right where the Conestoga meets the Susky. I am just now starting to turn on to fly fishing for smallies, since I primarily flyfished for trout. I have already caught my first two smallmouth on the fly last week on the Conestoga by the rock hill area so I can say that I will be at it much more now picking apart those stretches. I love wet wading that river where I can so we will see what I come up with. I also want to try the Pequea Creek. I've hear there are some smallies in there if you know where to look.

I've fished (regretfully so) with soft plastics, jigs ...

No need to regret. Many of us on this site are multi-talented anglers. Fly fishing is great, but so are the other methods at times.

Welcome back and congrats on the diploma. I use spin gear equally as much as fly gear, possibly more unless they develop a way to fly fish through the ice. Life is to short to pigeon hole yourself.