Fly Tying
xterrabill

when will i stop?

when will I stop looking all over...(under desk, under chair, under everything on desk ect.)

for my hackle pliers that are always in my bits basket under the clippings?

when will I get so sick of turning over my hook that actually beg someone to

sell me their used rotary vice?

when will I Stop saving all the clippings and tiny pieces in little ziplocks!!????

when should I check myself into F.T.A.? (like A.A.)

:)

when will I stop looking all over...(under desk, under chair, under everything on desk ect.)

for my hackle pliers that are always in my bits basket under the clippings? (1)

when will I get so sick of turning over my hook that actually beg someone to

sell me their used rotary vice? (2)

when will I Stop saving all the clippings and tiny pieces in little ziplocks!!???? (1)

when should I check myself into F.T.A.? (like A.A.) (2)

smile.png

First, I realize you're joking about this. Second, as a technical instructor, lack of organization and messiness are two traits I don't understand.

(1) Both of these items are easy to fix. It only takes an extra few seconds to put away each tool after use. It only take a few extra minutes a day to keep your tying area organized. And it only takes a little extra thought processing to decide which items truly needs to be saved and which are just too inexpensive to bother with.

(2) A vise ... if you truly want one, isn't THAT expensive. As stated by Chug ... Steve has one on sale on the trading floor right now ... good deal, too.

F.T.A. ... like A.A. ... is only needed if your problem impacts others. If your problem is only impacting you, then let it ride and see where it takes you. You might just become the "Einstein" of fly tying !!!

I may need to up my comedic abilities or cease trying.

All answers are appreciated for my silly, sarcastic queries.

In reality I am overly organized, saving up for a peak and midge jaws.

I do use my fingers most of the time or when possible.

The reminders are worth the time you took to type them.

I Thank you.

"Imagination is more important than facts" A. Einstein

:)

Never. My tying area has been declared a disaster by FEMA, so I'm constantly "losing" things that I know I placed right there. I did save bits and pieces of materials, not anymore. I have more spendable income than I had when I started tying. I highly recommend the Danvise. I've been using one for almost 20 years. I've tied flies from size 32(Mustad) to 6/0 with it.

'

I feel your pain! My desk could be in full order and I'd still find myself looking everywhere for the bodkin that was right under my nose.