Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Betty

Winter............I hate it!

So I'm tying a few flys for my friend that doesn't tye but he sure can fish. Anyone else tying add to the thread please...

post-18342-0-37783400-1422738070_thumb.jpg

I'll second that. Not much snow for us this year but still plenty cold. Added a few flies to my supply for my upcoming New Orleans trip. Nothing real original but here are a few.

post-50086-0-72626000-1422742079_thumb.jpg

post-50086-0-42122900-1422742164_thumb.jpg

post-50086-0-67760100-1422742214_thumb.jpg

I'll second that. Not much snow for us this year but still plenty cold. Added a few flies to my supply for my upcoming New Orleans trip. Nothing real original but here are a few.

Big reds in the marsh now make sure you have some big flys. Orange/black was a good color one day after a cold night with sluggish fish. Knock em dead!!

Maybe something like this would get their attention?

Now your talking, that is a great looking fly for reds. I'm sure these will be a main course on the water....bang em guy!

Niiiiiice, Betty. Love the clean lines between blue and white. The a contrast line a predator fish can home in on !!!

Niiiiiice, Betty. Love the clean lines between blue and white. The a contrast line a predator fish can home in on !!!

Thank you mikechell, there is a light olive line between the white and blues. Plus I like to add a rose colored throat for a my own satisfaction.

One fly a day so my friend and I can start the season off in style.

• post-18342-0-37412600-1423070438_thumb.j

This screams TIE ME!

The blue wing material, what might it be?

(Winter and the weather man still throws out surprises for us -

why yesterday, I shoveled off about one foot of partly cloudy)

Hi Betty...speaking of bluefish,[ pardon for the separation from the subject], today for lunch I had some "Fresh Fish Mousse" made up from some bluefish fillets caught this past Sept. off Montauk Point... and the flies you show look like ones one would use for blues and they look well tied. See you in a blitz.

Betty,

Very nice little bait fish pattern. I am wondering if you use any thing to define the curve of the top?

• post-18342-0-37412600-1423070438_thumb.j
This screams TIE ME!

The blue wing material, what might it be?

(Winter and the weather man still throws out surprises for us -

why yesterday, I shoveled off about one foot of partly cloudy)</p>

Wing is all bucktail, two shades, with a single grizzly on top.

Hi Betty...speaking of bluefish,[ pardon for the separation from the subject], today for lunch I had some "Fresh Fish Mousse" made up from some bluefish fillets caught this past Sept. off Montauk Point... and the flies you show look like ones one would use for blues and they look well tied. See you in a blitz.

Tom it would be a pleasure to bang some blues with you at The End.

Betty,

Very nice little bait fish pattern. I am wondering if you use any thing to define the curve of the top?

Nothing special but thread control, next I grab the bucktail tightly and push it forward then back then a hot water rinse.

Yes it is to imitate a dying fish. It has foam on one side and lead on the other. It dips slowly forward into the water and on strip it returns to the surface.