Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Spring Life Cycle

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#16 Wetsock

Wetsock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

I am in with a Hendrickson cycle just so I have it correct I need to do 3 life cycle of 4 flys each an I correct?

#17 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

What's the deadline?
cb27

#18 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Kevin, I am interested but cannot commit for several weeks for family medical reasons. Good luck in filling it fast, if so, I can catch the next one.

I am sending you a PM, if you don't mind, for a recipe on your "Jumpin Jack" Musky Fly, sooner or later I will obtain another of your fine creations.

Ken
Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Happily living in "Longmire's" county

😎

#19 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

I’ll get in on this I’ll being tying March Brown.

#20 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

deleted

Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further - Lefty Kreh

#21 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Fisherboy0301 & flytire do you know what caddis you'r doing. I hope to keep duplicates out. 

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#22 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

I am in with a Hendrickson cycle just so I have it correct I need to do 3 life cycle of 4 flys each an I correct?

Yes you correct. and the due date will be spring. Don't have a day nailed down but something like I March 2018 unless everyone is finished first. 

Kevin

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

#23 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

I'll do a pale morning dun cycle
cb27

#24 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

deleted

Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further - Lefty Kreh

#25 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

I like to do this but I have to find some info on how to tie a bug going through its cycle.  cause I tie by instructions & pictures 

Steve-stabgnid 

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#26 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

I like to do this but I have to find some info on how to tie a bug going through its cycle.  cause I tie by instructions & pictures 

Steve-stabgnid 

You will have time to figure it out. 

Kevin 

#27 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

You want a species of caddis or which three patterns I plan to tie?
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#28 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

Steve-stabgnid 

You will have time to figure it out. 

Kevin 

Put me down then !!!

Steve-stabgnid

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#29 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

i wonder how excited he would get with a mayfly cycle :)

Not as much as a caddis. I like fishing caddis flies!
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#30 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:33 PM

This swap looks awesome.  Will keep an eye on this one for the photos!

Dave Little
Club President, North Queensland Fly Fishers Inc.
www.nqflyfishers.com