Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Nail Soup Swap

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:29 PM

Well we just need one more to have six. Vicente has dibs on the spot. Let's give it a couple more days.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#17 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:57 AM

When tying flies and reading about "triggers" you can add to make them pop in the aquatic environment I looked at some of the listed triggers you can add and did this fly by using 4 of the listed triggers you can add to a fly. Since this was originally put together for 'gills and they love anything I've wanted an opportunity to throw it for stocked "pellet" trout but not had the chance. This fly is definitely not subtle and won't blend in with the bottom for sure. Looking at it I just named it my "Four Trigger Fly" so you can put me down for that. When you get them you'll see why.

#18 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:21 AM

When tying flies and reading about "triggers" you can add to make them pop in the aquatic environment I looked at some of the listed triggers you can add and did this fly by using 4 of the listed triggers you can add to a fly. Since this was originally put together for 'gills and they love anything I've wanted an opportunity to throw it for stocked "pellet" trout but not had the chance. This fly is definitely not subtle and won't blend in with the bottom for sure. Looking at it I just named it my "Four Trigger Fly" so you can put me down for that. When you get them you'll see why.

Done! Sounds like a cool fly; can't wait to see it. 🙂

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#19 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

Need your snail mail.  The Trash bag nymphs are done.

Rick

#20 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:15 AM

Okay guys, I'm going to cap this at 6 spots, and we'll each tie a dozen flies, and we'll each get two from everyone.
When you've got your dozen done, my snail mail is 294 W. 30th St., Holland, MI 49423.

#21 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

FYI the Wild Turkey Tail Caddis uses the iridescent feathers from the base of the tail.  This makes the fly very easy to see, as the wing reflects the light. 

By the way, these are going in the mail tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0170.JPG

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#22 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

Flies are in the mail. PO says you will get them Saturday.

Don't send any of mine back to me.

Rick

#23 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:27 PM

In the mail

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#24 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

Awesome, thanks Rick and Bob! I'll post to this thread when they arrive.

#25 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

Post office said this was out for delivery yesterday (Saturday) then I got a tracking alert that it was not scanned at delivery point.  Did you get the package?  I will pm you the tracking number if it does not arrive.

Fishing Bob

#26 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:59 AM

Post office said this was out for delivery yesterday (Saturday) then I got a tracking alert that it was not scanned at delivery point.  Did you get the package?  I will pm you the tracking number if it does not arrive.

Bob, your flies arrived yesterday--very nice ties as usual! I love the iridescent caddis wing. Also thanks for the extra flies and materials. :)

#27 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:00 AM

Flies are in the mail. PO says you will get them Saturday.

Don't send any of mine back to me.

Rick

Rick your flies did arrive yesterday as well -- very nicely done!

#28 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

Mine should go out tomorrow if all goes well. They're done I'm just housebound right now and not able to do a lot right now even in house. I have so many flies I'm throwing in an extra on each one and hopefully not just to get rid of them but ones that will really be used.

#29 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

Sounds good Nick;I will keep any eye out and let you know when they get here. Thanks for the extras!

#30 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:26 PM

Got them in mail today. Looking forward to a nice mixture of "non-classic" flies from the group. Something a little different to throw at fish that have seen it all. I popped a Zebra Midge on there since it was one of the few flies that took a few fish for me last year on the White. Used as an anchor or by itself under a bobb indicator.