Fly Tying
Dubs

The Complete Mayfly Swap

This swap will cover all species and sizes. 3 spots for 4 categories each, to get a general application for most situations.

Due date will be April 21st

Patterns do not have to be specific to species (Adams, Pheasant Tail, etc), just generally representative of a mayfly, but can be as specific as the tyer wishes. Just signing up for a spot in a category is all that is required. Standard rules otherwise.

Swap is FULL!

*BONUS* 1 winner will be drawn for a new Metz #1 brown rooster neck

Spinners

1. Wetsock RECEIVED

2. djh262 RECEIVED

3. Li'lDave RECEIVED

Adult

4. vicente RECEIVED

5. Idaho RC RECEIVED

6. vicrider RECEIVED

Emerger or Cripple

7. GP flyfisherman RECEIVED

8. Dorado RECEIVED

9. atxdiscgolfer RECEIVED

Nymph

10. mwfishyfishy RECEIVED

11. 1hook RECEIVED

12. fishingbobnelson RECEIVED

(SM)

Got you GP, vicente just let me know where to put your name.

I also added a week to the due date, I think April 21st will work better, no rush tying but still get them back without missing much fishing.

Since I'll be just coming off a move I'll need to keep it simple, I'm in for a nymph. Bead-head pheasant's tail. Sz 18. In full disclosure this will be my first swap on this board.

Welcome mwfishyfishy! If you haven't seen the swap rules they are in a sticky thread for reference. Glad you signed up.

Once swap fills I will PM all members my address.

*I will add a bonus to each members set, flies or material. I will also be giving away a special prize, a Metz #1 brown rooster neck, brand new.

All swappers that have thier flies to me before the due date will be entered into drawing, picked by wheeldecide.com

Dubs with a offer like this who could resist joining. I will jump in with a hi-VI's rusty spinner.

Haha well that got things moving!

Alright got you guys keep them coming. Emerger category is full

I guess I'll pick the adult. An adult midge on one of my new #24s will bring up the smallest trout in the pond, whereupon he will be eaten by the biggest trout in the pond and you'll have a whopper of a story to tell. NO NO NO, I'll tie something even you can get on the hook BB. March Browns are some of the bigger Mayflies but I did a bunch of them recently so I'll look for something else. Would an attractor fly like President Eisenhower's famous House and Lot fly be okay? Maybe on a 12 or 14.

C'mon vicente, not everyone fishes with big hairy things all the time. About the biggest you'll see of the mayfly adults is a size 10 and size 16 & 18 are much more common. BWOs are seldom any smaller than an 18 and the midges the guys fish on the tailwaters of some of the most famous and heavily fish waters usually go from 24 and down. I like tying the little guys but also like to tie some of the bigger ones where you can really concentrate on each component because you have so much room on a size 14 hook.