Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jarheadterry

brand new and a little confused

Hello! Just found this site and decided to check it out. Was asked to introduce myself; but, not sure where to go or how to do it? Not sure how the site and different forums work? If I were to post something, do I have a home page to view postings, replies, etc. that I originate? If my current post is answered, how do I get it?

Hey Jarheadterry.

This is a very easy site to navigate.

Introduce yourself in the "Introduce yourself" forum.

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showforum=7

Just click the "Start new Topic" button at the top of the forum page and begin your introduction thread.

In your profile, you can select to be notified of replies to your threads, to your posts or not at all.

What I tell my students, when they're working with the scan-tools ... you can't break anything. Click on stuff, look around and get familiar with it !!!

You have started a "topic" and made a post, and replies will be shown in a list (or thread,) in this topic heading. If you want to reply to any previous topic, simply click the reply tab near the end, and make your reply (as I am doing now.) Various "forums" are simply general groupings is like topics and threads about relate topics. Look around, and you will soon get the hang of it.