Fly Tying
Pyme Fisher

Thread color recommendations

Steeldrifter is building me a pair of 10 foot 3 weight rods, on the deep green colored blanks.

I need to make some decisions, soon.

I've been looking at his website, and through different posts here.

I just can't settle on thread colors. I'm thinking I'll probably go subtle on one, and a bit louder on the other.

If anybody has one of his rods, on the green blank, can you post pictures here for me to look at and compare?

Thanks!

You still tryin to decide?? laugh.png wink.png

If you go through all the 10' ones here in this section those are all on the exact same blank so there are a bunch of various color wraps on those you can see here that will give you some ideas.

Blue ... different shades of blue.

Darker blues for the subtle one ... bright blues for the other.

No other choices in my world.

You still tryin to decide?? :lol: ;)

Hey, I've been busy, okay? ;-)

I'm not sure with what exactly, but this being retired thing has me trying to figure out how I *ever* got anything done while I was still working!! :-O

I'm not sure what color reels I'll be going with yet, but that's a good point. I might have to look for new reels to coordinate with the rods.

Steve and I have been talking off-forum, and I think we've settled on most of the details today.

And mikechell will be happy to know that one rod is going blue (and silver). :-)

i have a deep green winston rod with green wrappings but its up to you how plain or gaudy you want your rods to look like

How about clear, white silk, no color perserver. You would see the silver guide feet.