Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

Clear Cure Goo UV Light Issue

Has anyone else had any issue with their lights? I have tried to email them and have had no response at all, just noticed their website is down. The light went out after only 1 yr of use and yes I changed the batteries.

No problem with the light. It goes through batteries quickly. The company sure doesn't seem as relevant as it once was. They may have some internal issues. There is a post on here about lights recently and someone posted a good option for around 10 bucks off of amazon. Post is about a plug in "torch."

If it's like mine, it's just an LED flashlight with blue-violet diodes. You can get them almost anywhere. Twenty bucks for a $2 flashlight is a bit much, but that's what they go for. If you got a year out of it, there's not much you can do about it, except suck it up and move on.

When they first came out with the product, CCG was on the cutting edge. Now, though, it turns out that the UV resin is cheap to produce, and there's a ton of competition.

This is the Clearcuregoo,com site registration information. Give Brian Carson a call.

Domain Name: CLEARCUREGOO.COM

Registry Domain ID: 1561874081_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.bluehost.com

Registrar URL: http://www.bluehost.com/

Registrant Name: BRIAN CARSON

Registrant Organization: BANDITO FLY FISHING

Registrant Street: 1645 ROYAL OAKS CT

Registrant City: SOUTHLAKE

Registrant State/Province: TEXAS

Registrant Postal Code: 76092

Registrant Country: US

Registrant Phone: +1.8179664374

Admin Phone: +1.8179664374

My CCG light is the UV version of UltraFire WB 502B 395-410nm UV

I believe CCG ordered their lights with a custom LED emitter.

What usually fails is not the LED emitter, that has very long life,,,,, it is the electrical contacts in the end cap switch or the internal springs not making connection.

Check your batteries and replace them in pairs,,, not one weak and another newer.

I use rechargeable Panasonic 18650 batteries made in Japan. The Chinese batteries are troublesome, cheap quality, and often are the problem with these lights.

You could order the UltraFire light and switch out the LED from the CCG light.

These are very cheap made in China lights and not very good quality.

SolarEZ and others source the UltraFire lights with their own label and custom LED emitters.

Regards,

FK

Safe to say, CCG is gone as a business entity. My light (the high power one) is starting to flicker, so I am guessing it's about to go. Anyone found a good crossover solution in the way of a UV light that burns as bright as CCG's light? I have been using it on Loon UV products and it cures LOON super fast. Thinking about actually building a light box for my next light ...

Safe to say, CCG is gone as a business entity. My light (the high power one) is starting to flicker, so I am guessing it's about to go. Anyone found a good crossover solution in the way of a UV light that burns as bright as CCG's light? I have been using it on Loon UV products and it cures LOON super fast. Thinking about actually building a light box for my next light ...

Just buy one of these.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36W-LED-UV-Nail-Polish-Dryer-Lamp-Gel-Acrylic-Curing-Light-Spa-Professional-Kit/223043935150?epid=20027569586&hash=item33ee745bae:g:wW8AAOSw1jpcBnK8

or this

51FF3motBEL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JKD522X/ref=psdc_2445457011_t3_B00ZWQS55O

Kimo

or this one - 21 led

over two years old no problems

1pEqaET.jpg

under $8 on ebay or amazon

ya theres more lights than needed but who cares it works

no problem

$3 just fine with me

i just cant see paying loon, deer creek, bug bond, solarez for the same light they want to charge $$$

they all get them from the same asian factory for wholesale prices and jack up the price to the consumer

Yep, I'm willing to bet that no matter the name on it or where you bought it, they are all cheap Chinese lights. Unless of course CCG, bug bond, solerez, loon, deer creek, and whoever all have their own flash light manufacturing plants somewhere in the USA.

Yep, I'm willing to bet that no matter the name on it or where you bought it, they are all cheap Chinese lights. Unless of course CCG, bug bond, solerez, loon, deer creek, and whoever all have their own flash light manufacturing plants somewhere in the USA.

How do you think the Chinese are taking over the world?

Kimo