Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

International Postage for Swappers

I'm gonna kill something! - I just typed out this nice, neat explanation of what everybody should do and this friggin' computer ate it up and spit it out 'cuz it said I wasn't "logged in" and I WAS!!! SOMEBODY'S DEAD!!!

In a nutshell, I checked international postage req's- between 'here' and 'there' based on a P.M. I got from an international swap member.

Everybody: cushioned Mailer, appropriate packaging or whatever- as long as your flies are immobilized between something like cardboard sandwich, stuck in a piece of foam, etc., keeps things from hurting the handlers. Keeps you from having your work trashed.

Everybody: Go to the Post Office; have your parcel weighed for postage, insurance, whatever else you do. AT THE SAME TIME!!! you will purchase what is known as a "International Reply Coupon"

This coupon is your "prepaid" 'return' postage from the swapper's foreign post office. This coupon is recognized worldwide, and allows the swapper to go to his or her post office to purchase postage in their own denominations to be applied to your return mailing.

U.S. residents: You are required to complete a #2976 Declaration stating your package has no commercial value. This is mandatory.

Foreigh swappers, check your federal regulations.

EVERYONE: Should remember to include a return Mailer, suitable for the style of flies swapped.

U.S. NEUROSURGEONS- IS THIS CLEAR??? dunno.gif

We will now reurn you to your regularly scheduled programming wallbash.gif

(YOU SONOFABITCH!!! - IT'S IN HERE TWICE!!!) SEE POST BELOW- aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this