Fly Tying

isn't auto correct a browser function?

knowledge of spelling and grammar is nice too

I am not sure how it works ... but I have a spell check function running on my post box. If I type something wrong, it immediately gets a red line under it. It's up to me then. If I don't recognize why it's wrong, I look it up. Usually it's just mis-typed letters.

I am one of those that believes knowledge is better than computer corrections, too, Flats. No insult intended.

Yes it is a browser thing not a site thing. It must be turned off, right click and turn it on.

Also not to start anything, but flytire's comment about knowledge and grammar is a true and sarcastic comment together and did not need a come back of attitude from you.

I thought Flytire's line was funny (too true)! Lighten up.

Yes you are all right, I was just having a bad day and I'm sorry I acted in this manner. flytire I sincerely apologize for the way I responded, I hope you can understand.

I posted this last week on another thread, but it applies:

post-52210-0-16751300-1462814976_thumb.jpg

The problem with autocorrect is it can be a pain the butt with certain terminology it doesn't recognize. For instance, it will keep trying to "correct' clouser to closer.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

LOL ... It's been a long time since I saw that, Flytire.

Try running THAT through an auto-correct program !!!

Before I retired, I wrote a lot of scientific documents and you can guess that SpellCheck didn't know half the words I used. I added lots of terms to the dictionary. Sometimes I had to just give up and turn it off.

Father Murphy drew the short straw and got sent to the regional state prison to comfort the imprisoned. On his first day things got worse right away as he got assigned to talk to a condemned prisoner who was to take the last walk to the gallows that morning.

Expecting the worst when he entered the condemned's cell, he found a young guy in the prime of life, well spoken, and bearing up with grace, dignity. and humility. He even apologized to the padre for drawing him into this tragic event and received the last sacrament with manly gratitude.

The good father looked him dead in the eye and asked what in the world brought him to this end.

He said "Spellcheck. You must understand what happened. I got an email from my best friend apologizing because he long had abused our friendship while I was away from home by making free with my wife. A day after her murder he told me he actually had first written wifi but the damn spellcheck..."

Rocco

"