Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

they couldnt pay me enough...

At .37 and 1.07, you can see two microwave dishes about 2/3 the way up. I put up three of those back in 79/80 when I worked for the cable company in Columbia, SC.

Gotta love heights to work up there ... but the view is fantastic. Feeling the tower swaying in the wind is like being rocked to sleep.

okay do what you have to do but please DO NOT post any images to the forum! just dont scare mikes wife!

A blue Sasquatch walking into our house ... Wife would first try to make you a pet.

Me, on the other hand ... the image, which I am now signing up for therapy to remove, might make my love of blue disappear !!!

I'd do that job in a heartbeat!

The ones that really get credit here though are the Air Crane pilots. Unbelievable hover and unconventional direction skills!

Hope they came back and changed the bolts, too short. They dont have a full nut, not even close.

FD1-C59-B0-0251-4-E5-D-A7-BC-9-B50-B0-D1

Our motto was....Safety protects people, quality protects jobs .

I helped my dad install the rotor and antenna on top the 40' tower we put up on the hill behind his house. Never had a problem with height and worked on other antennas, up top of bridge decks being built, and walked open grate over 75' in the air. These didn't bother me though I will say the first feeling in your stomach when you lean back against the harness is something different. I could never do what those guys do though even though I know tower workers who have.