Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:41 PM

I need help, Im not getting notified of the new swaps
Can someone help me figure out why?

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I'm Mr Freezemieser I'm Mr Snow!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:32 PM

I can only say that you can change your notifications under "My Settings".  But I don't have any notifications listed, so I don't know if they all work.

I can only recommend that you check the swap forum daily.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:35 PM

Two things you can try.
1. When visiting the site click "View New Content" upper RH of screen (Comment: this always works for me for new swaps and any other new stuff)
2. Go to forums and choose "Fly Swaps and Contests" next click "Follow This Forum" right above Start New Topic. Choose type notification (I choose instant) and click Follow This Forum.
You should get notified if any new activity if posted for that forum including new Swaps.
(Disclamer: it's been awhile since I used this function. I just turned some stuff on to still see if it's active and will post if it's working.)
Hope this helps.

EDITED: #2 is useless for notification as you must look at "content I follow".

#4 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:49 AM

breambuster had a problem about not revceiving any "notifications" and i dont think anybody ever solved the problem

send him a pm and see if he had any results with his issue

signature-bar.jpg

It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona