Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

golden trout - liquid gold

Fantastic video. Thanks for the post. Don't know if I could have done that even 50 years ago but would love to give it a try. Now elevation is out for me but back then, maybe.

@ 65 years old all i can do is to wish i was young enough to take trips like that and to watch more videos like that one.

i had many great years of fly fishing in the rockly mountains but living back here in connecticut there are not many experiences that will ever match the rockies. at least for me!

with a bad back i have a hard time with having a wallet in my back pocket, nevermind a backpack :) :)

The upper reaches of the South Fork of the Kern River, above Monache Meadows contain Golden Trout. I started going up there in the late 70's when I got a Jeep Renegade that I tricked out. I have also hiked in for them around Cottonwood Lakes, above Lone Pine, CA. My son Michael caught his first Golden in the SFK in 1987...

nWv6Zb2.jpg

Jeep CJ -7

RupBGYp.jpg

Monache Meadows

FnN05bD.jpg

South Fork of the Kern River

R8BT2RK.jpg

Michael with his first Golden on the SFK

More information:

http://stevenojai.tripod.com/gtrout.htm

http://stevenojai.tripod.com/cottonlakes.htm

PT/TB

In 20+ years of fly-fishing in the Sierra's, I still haven't made it up to those lakes yet, but at 53 I'm hoping there's still an opportunity... maybe in August.