Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Back to the land of the living

Just letting you all know I will be slow to handle things or reply to PM's for a bit. I went to the ER Friday morning and they took me right into surgery. Had an internal hernia a twisted intestine and appendix removed then spent 3 days in the hospital. Came home yesterday and still very sore because of the big incision and about 15 staples but other than that I'm getting around and hope to be back to normal with in the next 2 weeks. Was not a fun thing at all but I am glad to finally not have to worry about these stomach issues I have been having for the past 4 years any longer.

Well good news, you're patched up and will be good to go soon. Go easy and don't blow anything out LOL !

4 years of pain ... 4 years with a hernia ... I am guessing they should've done that rectal-cranial separation procedure too ... and taken your head out of your ... well, you get the idea.

People, take this as a lesson. ALWAYS consider an "odd" pain to be a severe warning. My brother lived with back pain fro a little more than 20 years. When he went in and finally got it checked out, the doctors were amazed. Amazed that he wasn't already paralyzed from the waste down. There was no connective tissue left. Vertebra sitting directly on vertebra. They told him that he'd been on borrowed time for at least 3 or 4 years. One good horizontal hit from any side, and the spin could've slid completely apart, severing the spinal cord.

Steve ... I am truly glad you're recovering and out of any danger. consider it a bullet, dodged !!!

Well Steve, I guess swinging that long spey rod pushed that hernia over the edge. Them long rods are supposed to be easier on the body but doesn't sound like that helped you any. Heal well, take the time to heal well, and go back to a 7' flea rod 2 weight and fish for chubs in the river. rolleyes.gif biggrin.png

Best wishes to you Steve.

Staples! Did they do the work at Ford Hospital or the Carpenters' Union?

And do not watch Tiger games during your recovery or bp spikes will be an issue with late game leads slipping away .

Get well fast and let us know when you are up and about again.

Rocco

A twisted intestine? You flipped your stomach? I've heard of dogs flipping their stomach but never a human. How does that happen? Glad to hear it's rightside up again. Here's to a speedy recovery.