Fly Tying
zip

How many hours a week do you spend tying?

How many hours a week do you spend tying?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Take the poll and tell us how many hours you tie a week and what you spend the most time on.

:blink: I spend between 30to50 hrs. a week tying, Wow I need to get out more <_< or I just have the same sickness that we most all on this site share, but it keeps me out of trouble, and its relaxing to me, most of the time. When ever im not doing something else im tying and I love it B)

Most of mine is on Wed nights when I go to Flytying class. Other then that I might fit an hour or two total a week here and there.

15 to 20 but it could be more or less by a couple of hours. This amount of time equals 3 or 4 Atlantic salmon flies.

I usually tie a couple of houres a day after work to unwind. If I get tyers block I like to experement. I tie a lot of woven body flies.

Right now I am trying some woven body helgramites.

I usually tie a couple of houres a day after work to unwind.

+1

I usually try to keep my SW stock up...unless I'm tying specific requests from a few guide friends, I usually tie for 5-8 hours. Weekends vary - it could be another 5-8 or 0 depending upon family "events" (3 kids!).

Lately, with school and tennis practice becoming more and more intense, I haven't been able to tie any during the week. My tying has been limited to just a couple of hours on the weekends. :(

Thats a tough question for me. When I'm into tying I stay at it pretty steady, but when I'm done it might be several weeks or more before I get back to it.

Thats a tough question for me. When I'm into tying I stay at it pretty steady, but when I'm done it might be several weeks or more before I get back to it.

I'm the same way. Some weeks I spend more time buying materials than tying :P . I'm sure I'm the only one, too, right? :dunno:

Terry

I tie when I have the urge to tie or when swap flies need to get done but I dont let tying get in the way of other things I want to do.