Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
WVUontheFLY

Fall Musky frenzy is about here

Well the night time temps have started to drop here in WV and is making me anxious for the fall/winter bite that will ensue. The rivers are starting to drop in temp but I am waiting for the lakes to cool off for those husky lake musky to put on the feed bags. Just wondering who else is excited and might want to have a get together sometime for members in either WV or PA?

To fare for me! But i'm also very excited that our pike fishing in the sea will start any day now! Still have sickness holidays from work tommorrow, bad flu! But might even take the float tube out before work on thursday, lateshift week!

Heading out in a week or so to hurl big furry things at the Esox masquinongy.

'Sposed to be a cool down here soon & I've been praying for snow to hex this godawful steamy summer.

So many days, couldn't tell if I'm breathing in or out.

Come on October & November & Jack Frost......yeah.

Now that football has started lots of the poser idiots will be off the water on the weekends. That makes things better. There is a lake about an hour from home I fish a lot which has some 50" class tiger muskies. Long stories, I have yet to get one in my possession to photograph, other than sub-30" skinnies. Maybe this year is the year.

Eastern Fly - Have no idea where a meet could happen, but I fish in from Clarksburg to Morgantown a lot and have a PA license so I am going to start making more trips that way before too long.

Hatchet Jack - I am more excited for the pleasure boaters to be off the water more than I am about the fair weather musky guys