Fly Tying
Willie Rip

Tried to go fishing, ran into ditch

I am not sure you can call that a "fishing" story. wink.png

Every once in a while, something happens that just make you realize you're getting too comfortably set in your ways.

It'll be a long time before you forget that ditch is there, again !!!

biggrin.png

"May just need to stay here and cut the grass." I really connected with that line. Man that was funny in some warped way. I will no longer take pulling out of the driveway for granted,

Yes sir Willie, that's one way justify a 4X4, a lot of chain and a come-a-long, or a tractor. Hope everything came out well. I respect your attitude.

Takes a big man to admit a mistake...takes an even bigger and humble one to make a video and share it. At least you didn't damage the boat. Now that would have been really bad.

Tried to go fishing with gear that needed line changed out last year as way too much wind for fly rods. Had a knot in 6lb on a spinning rod that kept catching & kept cutting off yards at a time. Jumped a bass that spit the hook. Not much better with a baitcaster as cast a bullet weight 7" worm into the dock piling & a birdsnest put an end to casting to an area no wider than the ditch. Maybe next time there will be more time to catch up on fishing tactics casting coordination ! Work creates more work & worked right into a constructive area cutting into fishin' time too.....

Thanks, guys. It ended up okay, nothing damaged.

Glad to hear that you avoided damage to your truck and boat.

If we start telling more truck disaster stories, I once shot my 81 Ford 4wd With a .270 round. FYI, a .270 is very loud inside the cab of a truck.... Rest of day went quite well however, once the group got two nice bull elk loaded up...

Later, I "lost" my truck when we day hiked into a secret Brookie Lake on the Wind River Reservation. We had hidden it a bit too much before we went completely off-trail but found it undisturbed, once we found it, saving a 10 mile walk in the dark...

.270 is a great caliber, that must've been incredibly loud FRN. I always get a laugh grin the videos of the guys shooting their truck with a scoped rifle, webb the scope clears the truck but the line of fire doesn't.