Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

Steelhead buggers

Here are a couple of bugger type attractor patterns , that I tied up for someone to try

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have yet to coat the heads but will give them some penetrating head cement and a couple coats of Sally Hansen's. They also fish for smallmouth bass, so if the steelhead dont like them the bass might.

They are tied on tmc 799 2/0, with woolly bugger saddle, ultra wire, Krystal flash, hen hackle, e.p. fiber, marabou, grizzly dyed marabou, chenille, disco yarn, cactus chenille, pheasant rump, Chinese craft feather, dyed guinea and mallard flank. If you would like any of these patterns let me know

Looks like you got some nice buggers there..... now i need to head downstairs to the bench to tie some up for tom :) Heading North tom... hope no one will be around due to the steelers vs browns game. BROWNS STINK!

Here are a couple of bugger type attractor patterns , that I tied up for someone to try

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have yet to coat the heads but will give them some penetrating head cement and a couple coats of Sally Hansen's. They also fish for smallmouth bass, so if the steelhead dont like them the bass might.

They are tied on tmc 799 2/0, with woolly bugger saddle, ultra wire, Krystal flash, hen hackle, e.p. fiber, marabou, grizzly dyed marabou, chenille, disco yarn, cactus chenille, pheasant rump, Chinese craft feather, dyed guinea and mallard flank. If you would like any of these patterns let me know

Hi Daryn

Nice buggers!

I fancy the third one. It looks like a real killer for sea trout. I know exactly the place where this would work. Could you send me the dressing (pattern)?.

I am sorry you missed the class yesterday (I have posted the result of my effort)

Regards

jens

Yea Jens the old saying "you snooze you loose" is true. I had a nap and woke up to late :wallbash: I was looking forward to your class. I think those tubes are killer patterns.

Here is the pattern for this fly, (another pic)

IPB Image

Hook; TMC 799 1/0

Thread; Red utc 140

Tail; Two back to back dyed yellow grizzly marabou plumes surrounding several strands of root beer Krystal Flash

Body Hackle; Burgundy Beat Disco Yarn, palmered. fibers stroked back them brushed rearward when tied on, (http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=disco, bottom left)

Body; Medium pearl cactus chenille

Collar; Black Chinese craft feather, (schalpen with one side striped and some of the fluff or marabou used)

Hackle; Orange dyed guinea

I found the Disco Yarn at Walmart, let me know if you cant find it where you live.

Yea Jens the old saying "you snooze you loose" is true. I had a nap and woke up to late :wallbash: I was looking forward to your class. I think those tubes are killer patterns.

Here is the pattern for this fly, (another pic)

IPB Image

Hook; TMC 799 1/0

Thread; Red utc 140

Tail; Two back to back dyed yellow grizzly marabou plumes surrounding several strands of root beer Krystal Flash

Body Hackle; Burgundy Beat Disco Yarn, palmered. fibers stroked back them brushed rearward when tied on, (http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=disco, bottom left)

Body; Medium pearl cactus chenille

Collar; Black Chinese craft feather, (schalpen with one side striped and some of the fluff or marabou used)

Hackle; Orange dyed guinea

I found the Disco Yarn at Walmart, let me know if you cant find it where you live.

Hi Daryn

I think a pic with white background would give better credit to the fly.

sent you a PM

Jens

Here is another one that I did not want to post, because I thought it was awful. I call it beyond Hope. 2 pics light and dark backgrounds

IPB Image

IPB Image

It has an added wing of fox and some white herl in the tail and black at the head. The hackle is medium dun mallard flank. The tail is two natural grizzly marabou plumes laying flat but back to back surrounding the herl and some pearl flash.

I tied these and one more to make a half dozen for someone that fishes for steelhead, and bass to try out. I hope they like them. I will post the other fly in the set and a few more that I am sending them in a group type photo