Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
essequamvideri

Ever take a wrong turn?

Wife and I went blue line fishing (find a thin blue line on the map, find said blue line and fish it). Did a bit of hiking and did find a couple of new spots of great fishing. On the way back we tried to find a faster route home. The map said to take a right and we did. What should have been an an hour and a half ride turned into a 3 and a half hour ride home. The other end had signs reading "NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED!!!". Turns out we were on the snowmobile trails. Sorry about that to anyone who is a snowmobiler. Interesting day though.

post-46603-0-06823900-1558706540_thumb.jpeg

Once upon a time while serving in our Embassy in Belgrade, I was traveling with another officer south of the city. There was a deluge while we were gone and the main highway back was under water, To get home we broke out a map and found a mountain road that would take us around the flooded area. We cruised through a small village and on the other side, the road just ended! We asked an old man there WTF -- but in Serbian. He laughed and said "Boys that's a Communist road. They budgeted money for it in the 5 year plan but someone stole it, The maps were ordered and already printed." \

Rocco

"Ever take a wrong turn?"

yup! i got married

+1 lol

Wife and I love to spend time driving around in the car. We don't "get lost" ... we "take the scenic" route.

I, routinely, fish bodies of water that others think are too small. Caught a lot of truly nice fish that way.