Fly Tying

A few weeks ago, a customer of mine sent me a picture of a shrimp that he wanted me to tie for him. I had never seen this style shrimp before but gave it a go. After tying one, I realized just how nice this design was. The dubbed body gave a sorta transparent look, and the rest of the fly mimicked a shrimp perfectly! Absolutely one of the nicest shrimp patterns I have ever tied. I really like it. To be honest I cannot find this fly anywhere, so I cannot tell you exactly what it is called. So I am calling my version the Dubbed body shrimp. If any of you know the fly, and the name. Please tell me. Thank you!

Here is a list of materials used on the fly.
Hook: Gamakatsu SS15 in size 4
Thread: Veevus Power Thread 140 in Hot Pink
Weight: Medium Dumbell Eye
Pink Egg Sack: Para Post Wing in Hot Pink
Leggs: Barred Rubber legs
Feelers: Pearl Crystal Flash
Eyes: Crustacean Mono Eyes
Dubbing: Tan Senyo's Laser Dub
UV Resin: Solarez Bone Dry

I see a bunch of similar bugs down here in paradise (although I long ago quit tying or using shrimp flies for myself or my anglers...).

At any rate go to Microskiff.com then to their fly fishing board and look for the "what have you been tying" thread and do a bit of browsing. You might want to bring an adult beverage with you -this thread runs for years....

A lot of young tyers have found success with similar pattern styles -mostly using synthetic materials.

Hope this helps... I've been tying for so many years that I'm still using more traditional materials.