Fly Tying

Hello fellow members,

I have a very straight forward question to every one of you - would you watch YouTube content that contains a foreign language but is subtitled in English? This includes fly tying tutorials, fly fishing adventures, trips, information about fly fishing tools, and anything else fly fishing related.

If so, would you watch all of this content, or would only stick to watching fly tying, only fishing trips etc.?

We are talking quality footage - fly tiers with decades of experience, videos shot with high-quality equipment, not your regular GoPro on the chest kind of stuff. I am not going to post any links, as the point of this thread is not to advertise, but to understand whether there is a demand for such content.

Every single answer is very appreciated!! Whether it is positive or negative, so please, let me know your opinion.

Thanks!

Edit: to be clear, the original language of the video would NOT be English, the subtitles would be a translation INTO English

Occasionally I find subtitled content good if I'm wanting to watch something but the rest of the family may have the TV on or be doing something else and I don't want competing noises.

Sometimes the subtitles interfere with the subject being filmed so that's the only consideration.

When I watch fly tying and fishing videos ... I almost always have the sound turned off. I don't need a running dialog to see how a fly is tied, nor do I need 10 minutes of explanations for 2 minutes of catching fish. (For what it's worth, I don't need to see it to believe that someone spent hours casting with no fish hitting, either. Time lapse or not, it's wasted time on a video.)

I watch movies ... I want subtitles and dialog.

I watch fly tying and fishing videos ... I just want the moving pictures.

If the videos have something to offer, put them out there, subtitles or not. Hell, even if they dont have something to offer,put them out there. That's what the internet is for,right.I for one dont care for subtitles, but if the video compels me I'll watch.

I watch some foreign films, documentaries. etc on Youtube in the original w/o subtitles. Don't need or want them -- they can be distracting as translations can suck. Listening to the originals also keeps my capabilities alive. In other languages of course, I would want subtitles but ONLY as an option I control.

Rocco

Tying videos maybe. Maybe if the subtitles only consisted of the recipe. Realistically probably not though since there are so many videos out there that are in a language I can understand.

Fishing or fishing related videos, hell no. I don't watch videos about fishing ever in any language especially fly fishing videos. For whatever reason people who do video about FF tend to make them overly dramatic, pontifical, pretentious and haughty.

recipe yes! otherwise no!

instant turnoff

you can add the "cc" closed caption to your video that would allow the viewer to turn it off

I watch fly tying videos now that are in languages I don't speak that are not subtitled. so that's a yes. fishing videos? no.

Yes, if it was useful or interesting content. The foreign speech in the background would be a lot better than some of that dub-step music background on a lot of the fly tying videos. :)

I watch lots of subtitled videos, all kinds not just fly tying. So yes, I would watch subtitled tying videos.

If you are speaking about the type of video where the tyer goes on and on pontificating and not getting down to business and completing the fly...then a subtitled version in some language other than english would be enough to blow my brains out! Definitely NO!

Yes re fly tying and instructional / tips re other, no on the travel, fishing adventure stuff. I'd prefer written recipes and short comments placed during brief pauses in the video, or even just really clear video demonstration with no subtitles, but subtitles are ok as long as it's efficient and purposeful