Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Sundays Flies

Here on some ties I did yesterday. Had some fun with clear cure goo and I think I am hooked now. If you woud like to know the recipe of any of them check my blog. If you want a SBS just let me know and I could do that. Mostly pretty easy. Gotta the congo hair shrimp idea from a previous post from Panama (thanks by the way!). And for the record his is better!

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

IMG_9248.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9253.jpg

IMG_9252.jpg

You're making me want to toss my epoxy in the trash. Nice ties. Did you have to overcoat with Sally's ? I've heard the finish can be a little tacky if you don't. That's been the only thing keeping me from throwing the trigger on it.

I used clear cure goo fleck (has some glitter in it) which has a consistency of thick ccg. It dries pretty darn tacky. Alcohol takes the tack right off or head cement (in my case hard-as-nails). Its kind of annoying but im over it lol. I love the stuff. I waited and waited and waited to buy it. I finally got it last week and after a slight learning curve im liking it. I will mention I bought my flashlight on ebay for $6 and free shipping. Works perfectly fine.

Love the surf candies, the orange eyes... really stadns out. The shrimp came courtesy of a guy on another forum, it's great how information is shared... benafits us all, great job.

I have never fished a Pops Banger, love the way they look. Will have to tie up a couple and give them a try, have you had dood luck with them?

How do you like the CCG glittter?

Love the surf candies, the orange eyes... really stadns out. The shrimp came courtesy of a guy on another forum, it's great how information is shared... benafits us all, great job.

I have never fished a Pops Banger, love the way they look. Will have to tie up a couple and give them a try, have you had dood luck with them?

How do you like the CCG glittter?

Thank you sir! I found your version of the shrimp and the link you posted. I made a huge mess making the shrimp (congo hair EVERYWHERE) but had fun. I may work on the pattern a bit and see if I can change some things. Also looking back, I wouldv'e used bigger eyes.

I have used Bob's Bangers up her in MI for smallmouth and they go crazy for them. I love fishing poppers when I can because you cant beat fish coming out of the water after a fly you tied up.

The CCG Fleck (glitter) is ok.. very little glitter if you ask me, but it may stand out better to fish. For the extra cost I would say its just as easy to add "micro-glitter" from you local craft store to CCG thick and put it on with a bodkin. Just my $.02!

I used clear cure goo fleck (has some glitter in it) which has a consistency of thick ccg. It dries pretty darn tacky. Alcohol takes the tack right off or head cement (in my case hard-as-nails). Its kind of annoying but im over it lol. I love the stuff. I waited and waited and waited to buy it. I finally got it last week and after a slight learning curve im liking it. I will mention I bought my flashlight on ebay for $6 and free shipping. Works perfectly fine.

It is probably really tacky because of the light. I tLked to Brian of ccg at the fly show and he said that the majority of the cheap ones are on a different frequency and that is why it would be tacky.

It is probably really tacky because of the light. I tLked to Brian of ccg at the fly show and he said that the majority of the cheap ones are on a different frequency and that is why it would be tacky.

All the CCG (except tack free) dries tacky from my expierience. Its what actually allows you to layer the CCG. Just like any other fly I top coat with sally hansens and im all set!

I use the CCG tack free, flex, thick, thin, hydro, etc. The fleck for me has a lot of glitter in it. Make sure you check it out in the bathtub or sink. The fleck for me is great for that little extra while tying flies. Also where do you get the hairy down under pattern from? Thomas Harvey I found mine from and from southern cultue on the fly and this is fly . com. great ties ben! I love CCG and like you stated all you have to do is add hand sanitizer, alcohol, or sally hansens and your good to go, tack free. CCG has changed the way we fly, I dont think anyone should complain about the product, for me its amazing. Also for some commercial tiers I know...it has let them create flies quicker which equals quicker orders which equals more money. My favorite CCG is the hydro for crease flies, the holographic foam really comes out with CCG hydro!