Fly Tying
vicrider

One material...Next swap idea

SWAP IS NOW ACTUALLY FULL

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking. We do a trout/panfish swap where each fly is built of only material with just the smallest of exceptions. Been working on some guidelines and talk on another board where we came up with plenty of ideas for flies. Here's the deal.

Hook...Thread...One material for fly...Exceptions to basics are...beads...different colors of thread or material...lead wrapped underbody... ribbing of wire or thread...eyes...

Flies are up to the guys to pick them and leave it up to individuals to come up with their own ideas. So let's see if as several other swaps are winding down if we can get a dozen. I think if we have each tier list their fly we can avoid too much repetition.

Nick Szabo

PO Box 361

Cheyenne OK 73628

Swapmeister...Chef's Surprise...Teeny nymph...ready

1. netabrookie...........Alpaca nymph................received

2. Henrik Thomsen....cdc caddis pupa............received

3. fishingbobnelson...Hackle Feather..............received

4. josephrussell.........minimal spider...............received

5. Fishboy0301.........Clown Grub....................received

6. Horseshoes..........Wet Squirrel...................received

7. djtrout....................CDC Cinnamon Caddis..received

8. DavidHE................Partridge something......received

9. flytire.....................Bead and thread............received

10.natedubay.............CDC surprise................received

11.utyer......................Deer Hair Dragon Fly...on there way

12. Wovenfly...............woven fly.....................received

Vicrider, count me in if we get to choose what we want to tie. If so then I will tie some of my Alpaca nymphs that only uses a hook, thread and alpaca.

I'm in with a full cdc caddis pupa, if different colors of cdc is allowed.

Might have some weighting also.

Also, I need the deadline to be no earlier than end of June to participate since I will be traveling the next few weeks.

Henrik

Sounds good guys. Henrik, I'll set a date late since a lot of people are doing vacations and hopefully fishing trips starting now. How about for Friday June 27th as a deadline. Tony, I'll go with "your choice" but will get an idea of what a person will be tying so we don't dupe. Somebody has to do some nice Chronomids in this. Best thread fly ever tied. Foam beetles are another option since I've seen some good ones tied with one color foam for body and an upper foam indicator post so people with old tired eyes can see them. Lots of variety out there so let's make people think on it a little.

Sounds good guys. Henrik, I'll set a date late since a lot of people are doing vacations and hopefully fishing trips starting now. How about for Friday June 27th as a deadline.

Perfect for me, the 27th is my birthday so I might put in some extra as presents. ;-)

I'm in with a turkey tenkara, I can only do 6 in 14, and 6 in 16 if that's okay.

Vicrider, if we go the route of 12 swappers doing the same fly then I will run with the Alpaca nymph but if we take the alternate path and do a 6x2 then I will come up with something else for the other flies.