Fly Tying

In my newest video, I completed a review of the Norvise System, focusing mainly on the standard vise and fine jaws. I know many on this forum tie on a variety of vises, thus would love to hear your thoughts on this one. For those that do tie on a Norvise, let me know if I've hit the major points, and please feel free to add to the discussion.

Thanks!

TC

Ted Patlen sent me one many years ago.I still use it to this day!Good versatile system although I've never had any problems with the one-size-fits-all jaws.Great review!

I actually had an Auto bobbin for years till i figured out it was from Norman. I think i have 5 now, and a couple i scrapped for parts.

I have read many things against the Nor-vise over the years...All i can figure is that the ones talking trash must be envious of any-one who has one???

I have been using a Norvice for years!I'll never own anything else!

Many public speakers use their hands too much when talking. Most of those who realize this, tend to use props to make their hands less ... mobile.

It's not the cup, it's the shear quantity of talking that usually makes me turn it off.

I am Spanish, so, in my mind, if you are not moving your hands while you are talking, you must have some motor skills problem... :)

It is only because of the mug that I go back to the hands and realize that I should be seeing liquid spilling and splashing all over.

If I did not finish the video it was because it was too long to watch, on a topic that right now does not interest me too much.

You can use large head thumb-tacks to set your extra bobbins on...All it takes is something to wrap around to hold them. My thumb-tacks are on the side of my desk box.

The mug dosn't bother me. It's a prop he wishes to use. When I would speak in front of a small group there was usually a table around. I would set on or at least lean on the table. Something I wished to do. I found it helped me to better connect with my audiance.

Senator Bob Dole was injured in WWII and his right arm and hand was paralyzed. He always had a pen in that hand. When he was asked about in an interview his response was, to paraphrase, I felt my hand should be doing something.

So Tim, keep the coffee mug, if people want something in it, spill out some confetti every now and then.

While the Nor-Vise is very good...Hell, actually excellent, i still wish i could afford to try out the J-vice line???

Tim,

Why are you holding an empty mug?

Not surprised you get lots of questions about it.

The mug dosn't bother me. It's a prop he wishes to use. When I would speak in front of a small group there was usually a table around. I would set on or at least lean on the table. Something I wished to do. I found it helped me to better connect with my audiance.

Senator Bob Dole was injured in WWII and his right arm and hand was paralyzed. He always had a pen in that hand. When he was asked about in an interview his response was, to paraphrase, I felt my hand should be doing something.

So Tim, keep the coffee mug, if people want something in it, spill out some confetti every now and then.

Very comical! Sorry to disappoint, but there is always coffee or water in the mug. It's never filled to the top for obvious reasons (though in part I can blame my Italian heritage for my "talkative" hands!).

Tim

You can use large head thumb-tacks to set your extra bobbins on...All it takes is something to wrap around to hold them. My thumb-tacks are on the side of my desk box.

Great suggestion!

BTW, I have yet to tie on the Jvice, but it's definitely on my short-list to try...

TC

Now I am curious, Tim.

If you don't mind another question about the mug...

Do you really use it, as mentioned, to keep excessive hand motion down?