Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tctrout

The Mop Fly!

Guest rich mc

i have used the mop this year on a 1/64 jig head. blue has been the best color for panfish in illinois rich mc

It was unbeatable in WV the other week. Blue and chartreuse were the two colors that seemed to work best.

The goal was get trout on the line and it worked.

It was unbeatable in WV the other week. Blue and chartreuse were the two colors that seemed to work best.

pictures?

pictures?

Most pics were taken with the guy's phone I was guiding. It was a PHW event. 40+ vets.

The only one I have my phone is this one on a black crystal bugger.

This post is not exactly a ringing advertisement for the mop fly, but honestly, it's probably not a fly I am going to fish if I were on the water. I had to ask other guides for a couple for him to use and I think they all ended up in trees. We probably landed 2 on the mop. Went to clown eggs. Then hopper droppers which worked well, although I can't remember what the dropper was.

Around the campfire, the mop was reported as widely successful.

AED5BC9C-B15E-4DA4-BDB8-97C8172F9BFE_zps

pictures?

Most pics were taken with the guy's phone I was guiding. It was a PHW event. 40+ vets.

The only one I have my phone is this one on a black crystal bugger.

This post is not exactly a ringing advertisement for the mop fly, but honestly, it's probably not a fly I am going to fish if I were on the water. I had to ask other guides for a couple for him to use and I think they all ended up in trees. We probably landed 2 on the mop. Went to clown eggs. Then hopper droppers which worked well, although I can't remember what the dropper was.

Around the campfire, the mop was reported as widely successful.

AED5BC9C-B15E-4DA4-BDB8-97C8172F9BFE_zps

Very cool...and nice brookie!