Fly Tying

Does anyone have any brand suggestions on using epoxy for flies. Can I go and buy just any quart of epoxy at the hardware store, etc...

Z-Poxy or Devcon....Try to get it in separate bottles...the "conjoined"syringes don't dispense equally,in my experience!

Z-Poxy or Devcon....Try to get it in separate bottles...the "conjoined"syringes don't dispense equally,in my experience!

When I use pre-filled syringes I have to be careful to press them so they dispense the same amounts of material- agree with above post but it isn't terribly hard to be careful and get the dispensing as close as possible.

If you squirt out the two parts on the side where you're not mixing you can get the air out of the tubes along with some of the hardener or resin and two parts will be even and you can then get an equal mix.

To make epoxy a bit more managable, try warming it up VERY SLIGHTLY so that the resin/hardener with become a trifle less viscous, it mixes and applies easier that way and is less likely to get air bubbles in it. It may also dry a bit quicker as well.